+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeh I would ring and ask you to pay for the tail light cover as if it's not replaced then I would risk getting a yellow sticker and if i was to claim under my insurance then i would have to pay the excess.As for runners in carparks ,beware of technology ,we used the cameras out the front of our shop numerous times to look up stuff in the carparks for people and it's clear enough to see number plates. It saddens me to see how many ppl think doing a runner is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would just repair it myself as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of contacting the person who caused such little damage, having to think about putting in a claim etc.

A P plater crashed into my car at the shopping centre at Christmas, not a lot of damage but it would have cost her because of the excess so I just let it go because I have been young and inexperienced. I took her details to scare her a little to be more careful in future but I had no intention of doing anything.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    id always leave a note

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if i'd call you to replace it or not. I think if it was easily replaceable i'd probably call you to thank you for your honesty and just fix it ourselves. If it looked like having to be through insurance i'd ask you to become involved though.

I've had someone hit my car before, and he didn't leave his details, but two witnesses left their details and the other car's rego details. I called the police and they chased it up for me, but when they got back to me about the person who'd hit my car they told me it was up to me whether i pursue it with the other driver or not as he had an extensive, violent criminal record and they advised that getting into contact with him was not in my best interests. I left it at that and had the repairs done myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had quite a few people hit my car in a car park and not leave details. It sucks! I would call you to pay for replacement if it was me but that's because I wouldn't be able to afford it myself while not working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not worth going through my insurance, my excess is $300 and I have been doing a bit of looking online and I should be able to pick one up for just over $100 depending on what year it is.. I haven't heard anything from them as yet, not to say I won't in the next few days. I wrote on the note 'Im sorry, I hit your tail light. My name is Nicole 04********'. I feel better about leaving a note, if I didn't I'd feel really bad and guilty.. Just have to wait and see..

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you leaving a note. I would have too but not many would. I would also be praying that they didn't contact me as I'm broke but I know I would make contact if the boot was on the other foot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done the same as you before, was never contacted.

I also have had someone leave a note after hitting me. I couldn't see any damage so never contacted them.

I was hit in a carpark another time, with no notes but clear damage. I got the parts from a spare parts place, and the guy must have felt sorry for me as he also installed them for me for nothing

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a busy car park and we see cars 'hit and run'as we call it all the time. If it so happens we are looking out the window or sitting out the front we take not of the rego and WE leave a note on there cars or race out like a crazy person when we see the person come back to their car - explain what happened and hand over the details.
    You did the right thing now its up to them...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes we had a huge dent in the side of our car a few years ago, parked in a shopping centre carpark, no note. $500 excess and we lost our no claims benefity thing on the insurance. I wouldn't have thought it worth repairing (the car was only worth $4k) but DH was so upset over it it ended up being less stressful to fix it...

I didn't know about videos in shopping centre carparks or I would definitely have chased that! I probably wouldn't if it hadn't been so expensive to repair. What really annoyed me too was losing our no claims thingy through no fault of our own. We won't park in the end carparks of a row of cars at the shopping centre anymore to avoid that happening again.

I remember when I was a student some guy ran into the back of my very old Gemini at the traffic lights- I got his contact details but never called as there were already a good few dents in the car and I didn't think fixing this new one would improve my car's value! I was more shaken by the fact I'd just been hit than anything else.

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.
    Last edited by TheMadHatter; 03-02-2012 at 21:39.