+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But she didn't actually say that...that's what the article said....what G actually said was
    and I said this may not be feminist, but you have to compromise." "It's been all about you and you're a big deal. And if you want what you're saying you want — a family — you have to be a wife, and that is part of the equation," she added.
    She was talking about an actress friend who has a big career who wants the family lifestyle and I don't think it's that far off really. Being in a relationship is about compromise, having kids is about compromise. I mean it doesn't matter how much you love someone if you are always off doing your own thing and not spending time together then your relationship doesn't have a great chance...add kids in to that and it makes it even worse. Look at how many celeb relationships fall apart because they never see each other due to work commitments.
    I'm not a G fan or anything like that, but I think her comment has been taken way out of context and that's unfair, regardless of who they are. What she said is really nothing to get worked up about and unless your an actress then it's not about you at all....imagine if advice you gave a friend, knowing their situation more than anyone else, was published and taken out of context so you can be ridiculed and judged for every single parenting choice you have made because of it.

On the same token if a man wants a family he is going to have to make time to be a husband (or boyfriend/partner etc.) and a dad. If he doesn't he isn't going to end up with the family he is wanting.
    Last edited by Areca; 03-02-2012 at 16:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oooh I love Gwyneth quotes! My personal favourite...

"When I pass a flowering zucchini plant in a garden, my heart skips a beat"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahahaha! She actually said that? How random

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    But she didn't actually say that...that's what the article said....what G actually said was

She was talking about an actress friend who has a big career who wants the family lifestyle and I don't think it's that far off really. Being in a relationship is about compromise, having kids is about compromise. I mean it doesn't matter how much you love someone if you are always off doing your own thing and not spending time together then your relationship doesn't have a great chance...add kids in to that and it makes it even worse. Look at how many celeb relationships fall apart because they never see each other due to work commitments.
    I'm not a G fan or anything like that, but I think her comment has been taken way out of context and that's unfair, regardless of who they are. What she said is really nothing to get worked up about and unless your an actress then it's not about you at all....imagine if advice you gave a friend, knowing their situation more than anyone else, was published and taken out of context so you can be ridiculed and judged for every single parenting choice you have made because of it.

On the same token if a man wants a family he is going to have to make time to be a husband (or boyfriend/partner etc.) and a dad. If he doesn't he isn't going to end up with the family he is wanting.
    I understand what your saying

Most celebrity couples have one parent stay home whilst the other works. Like brad and aneglina, they never work at the same time so one can be with the kids and the no working parent and kids locate to the film location so they can maintain that family.
    Musician and actors don't really have 9-5 hours either. They can be on set for long unusaul hours and musicians do tours.
    I take it when cold play are touring or recording gwenth and the kids are on the bus with them since they are in school now
    Maybe she did the oprah shows and Glee while Chris was between albums :shrug:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Moron.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol well this is why she has 3 hour work outs!

"Taking care of yourself is being there for your kids, like how on a plane, they tell you to put on your oxygen mask first."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sounds like her next book should be a collection of her finest 'quote-able quotes'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    She reminds me of that celebrity that came out saying in so many words bfing was easy and she couldn't understand the drama women had

I get irritated by women like Paltrow and Jolie, that make out they are mothers of the year yet in truth nannies raise their kids. Of course it's easy to have a 3 hour workout when you have someone paid to deal with your kids 24/7

I think many working mums would like to be SAHM's but just can't afford it. Maybe she can put her money where her mouth is and fund a mortgage/rent assistance for struggling families so mum doesn't have to work

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

laurea  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meanwhile the rest of us live in our real little world with no nannies,no personal chefs,no personal trainers and without kazillions in the bank
    Walk a mile Gwen....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

delirium  (03-02-2012),laurea  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I cannot stand that woman.
    She ruined 'casually throwing a tea towel over my shoulder' moments for me.

"I was at home with my children in the kitchen, and I threw a tea towel over my shoulder - as soon as I do that I feel grounded"

What a tool.
    The fact that she has to say such things,only goes to prove how OUT of touch she really is, they are a novelty to her.
    Just button it Gwyneth.

I did laugh at this though, sounds liek she's reaping what she's sowing with her daughter.

Gwyneth Paltrow was scolded by her seven-year-old daughter Apple after the actress lost her patience during a bathroom quarrel about Harry Potter.

The tired actress was bathing her kids after a long day at a friend's birthday party and just wanted to get Apple and son Moses to bed - and she grew frustrated when her daughter refused to grab a towel for her, because she was spooked by a scene in the Harry Potter films.

Appearing on TV special Out of Character on Wednesday night, the Oscar winner revealed, "She was worried that this image that she had seen in Harry Potter was gonna be in the room. I said, 'But I'm in the room. Just turn around and hand me the towel.'

"She was like, 'I can't do it.' And finally I was just like, 'Apple, hand me the towel, seriously!' And she was like, 'I am seven years old, I'm a child and you need to respect my fears... I am right to feel this way.'

"And then she said, 'And by the way, you told me three months ago you were gonna work on yourself and your patience."

nah nah nah nah nah

Last edited by Phony; 04-02-2012 at 09:44.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

Californication  (04-02-2012),meatpopsicle  (04-02-2012)