+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I will generally offer to make dessert or something, if they say not to worry, I won't but I think byo drinks are pretty standard even if unsaid. We don't really do the formal(ish) dinner party thing though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ask the host if they would like us to bring anything. If they say no then we still bring some drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We always take something

Except at mum and dads!!! (even then we still sometimes do, not often though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would never go empty handed. I always take at least a bottle of wine and maybe bread and dips or something. I always take wine because i think its only fair if someone is going to the effort and expense of cooking for you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would always bring a bottle of wine, or (if I am not drinking) something like a bunch of flowers for the host.

I don't bring food unless asked, and I always check first to see if the host wants me to bring something. If they say no then I think it would be more rude to bring it, as it might interfere with their food theme/ clash with what they have done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends completely on what type of gathering it is. If it's just DF and myself going to see our parents than no I don't bring anything, if anyone else plans on attending than I usually make up a salad bowl. My family like my roasted sweet potato salad so I'm often asked to make that, other times I make a desert or bring a couple of bottles of coke as I swear everyone forgets the coke with their spirits.

We always bring our own alcohol, if there's a place we go to frequently we just leave the bottle there and drink it everytime we go. My DF is strictly a Makers Mark drinker and I love my Midori and Pineapple Juice so it's not common for people to have these in their houses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabies! View Post
    Depending on who's house it is. If I don't know them very well then I take something. But really close friends I only take stuff when asked
    I'm the opposite. If it is a friend, I'll bring something, but if it is someone I barely know I wont for fear of offending them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We host a lot and already have the meals olanned from start to finish so when asked by the guest what to bring the answer is always "yourselves and any wine that you want" (we have beer and sprits....we just arnt wine drinkers like a lot of our friends are)

When we are invited out i will always ask what to take, for close friends and family if they say nothing we wont take anything, for people we dont know that well we will take chocies or something like that
    Sarah :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For an afternoon tea, I take a packet of biscuits even if it's just for dd to have. If we go for a bbq we generally ask but mostly I entertain here to make it easier. People have brought over cheese and cracker, chocolates, a pack of after dinner mints, a bottle of wine or some beer, all things they can take with them if we don't get to it. Honestly though, I go all out so generally wine won't remain unused but everything else will remain unopened. The last time I had friends over we had a full 3 course meal, followed later with antipast, cheese, crackers, and wine and I catered fully so no room for more food.