+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez Harmony - you're going through the ringer! I hope you can start to get some difinitive answers soon, limbo land is a terrible place to be! At least you had a good u/s which is hopefully giving you some hope - hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Harmony,

I thought I'd just let you know that after a certain time HCG levels aren't really the best indicator of viable pregnancies...ultrasound is. HCG is produced in the beginning to support the pregnancy until the placenta takes over, once the placenta is working, HCG isn't a real concern...

Taken from BabyMed:
    Blood hCG levels are not very helpful to test for the viability of the pregnancy if the hCG level are above 6,000 and/or after 6-7 weeks of the pregnancy. Instead, to test the health of the pregnancy better, a sonogram should be done to confirm the presence of a fetal heart beat. Once a fetal heart beat is seen, it is not recommended to check the pregnancy viability with hCG levels.

Hope this makes you feel a little better!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopealotofluck For This Useful Post:

harmonysweetpea  (10-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopealotofluck View Post
    Hi Harmony,

I thought I'd just let you know that after a certain time HCG levels aren't really the best indicator of viable pregnancies...ultrasound is. HCG is produced in the beginning to support the pregnancy until the placenta takes over, once the placenta is working, HCG isn't a real concern...

Taken from BabyMed:
    Blood hCG levels are not very helpful to test for the viability of the pregnancy if the hCG level are above 6,000 and/or after 6-7 weeks of the pregnancy. Instead, to test the health of the pregnancy better, a sonogram should be done to confirm the presence of a fetal heart beat. Once a fetal heart beat is seen, it is not recommended to check the pregnancy viability with hCG levels.

Hope this makes you feel a little better!
    This does make me feel a lot better. I hope that is the case for me. Although something I've also noticed as I had a lot of bleeding yesterday is that when I'm out and about like at work or just up doing things, even if not overly strenuous, that's when I seem to get the bleeding. As soon as I'm resting at home, in bed or watching TV and trying to take it extra easy, there is absolutely no bleeding. But I had really bad cramping last night so that's more concerning! Doctor appointment today to see what happens now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's just the subchorionic hematoma they detected on the ultrasound and nothing affecting the baby itself. Please let us know how you go, I would imagine the doctor will book you in for another ultrasound ASAP to determine how the baby is going.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just back from the doctor. As my bleeding is heavier and I now have AF style cramping and lower back ache but getting some nausea and other preg symptoms, the doc thinks threatened miscarriage now so has told me to have some bed rest over the next few days and no scan til Tuesday. She said its too soon after the other one and its better to give it more time which is frustrating as I wanted to know now. She said if it gets worse over the weekend to go to the emergency room instead. So I'm resting but stressing that I don't know any better on what is happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no..
    How much bleeding are we talking about here if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had light spotting since my first scan smeared through my cervical mucus but since my latest scan (no idea why it happens after) I've got much thicker blood. It still seems to be mixed with cervical mucus but now really bright or dark red. Not so much clots but thick & still mostly just when I wipe so not free flowing.

Yet when I get home at night & rest, the bleeding stops til I get active again.

Hope that's not too graphic lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not at all lol. It sounds like all could be ok.

With my DS i bleed very early on- i even found a clot, i was terrified and sure i had lost him But i had a scan and some bloods taken a few days later and all was fine. They found a little heartbeat and that i had a subchorionic hemorage (that settled down not long after).
    I will be praying this is the case for you and your little one also.
    Last edited by laurea; 10-02-2012 at 17:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so Laurea. Was you bleeding ongoing for a while before that? I never thought pregnancy would be so scary. Going to be a long 9 months if we get there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey.. Can you take any leave from work at the moment? I'm not talking days.. maybe a week or more if resting seems to do you good when you get it!

I ended up having to make the decision of 'is it more important to work or to get my baby to stay in my uterus for longer?'

i know you have your trip planned for mid this year.. and not sure if you can put things on hold at all but rest as much as you possibly can and i am thinking of you and DH xxxx