+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stomache pains

Hi everyone, just wanted to get everyones comments.
    I am 12 weeks pregnant and have had bleeding for the first 11 weeks, has now stopped. Had the 12 week scan and no problems were found. I have been getting sharp pains in the stomache every so often, they don’t last long, is this normal? The OB said if the pains are continuous and accompanied by blood then to call her but still can help but worry. Are the pains growing pains? Sometimes the pain seems to move around at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im 13w and i have stomach pains too, it's not sharp but dull PMS style pains. I've been told its the uterus and all the other muscles stretching. sometimes they can be a little more sharp.

I have also been told by my midwife not to worry unless they are accompanied by bleeding. I'm sure your fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the beginning of my pregnancy I used to get a lot of stomach pains. It felt like my organs were being pushed out of the way to make room for the baby. Sometimes the pain used to be so excruciating I would need to drop to the ground. Mine were never accompanied with blood so if yours are I think you need to keep getting a check up. If you still think something is wrong but your OB says there isn't, go to another local doctor that's bulk billing and explain everything to them. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Similar Threads

1. sharp pains
    By Little Miss Muffet in forum Third Trimester Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 18:43
  2. After birth pains?
    By bellaamore in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-05-2012, 20:48
  3. pains
    By lnjpregnant in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 7