+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Talking Sooo... Possibly moving to Toowoomba.. please advise me on Schools and Childcare

Near the Uni.

Dh has been studying externally, but we're thinking of moving so he can attend on campus.

Point me in the direction of suburbs close to the uni with good schools and childcare centres...

Nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been many years since I lived there, think it's kearney springs and darling heights that's near the uni by memory. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP, sixfoldme is right, Kearney Springs and Darling Heights are the closest. Did you want private or public school? Daycare ceentre pr FDC?

I'm was a born and bred Toowoomba girl and only moved a couple of years ago to be with DH. I would move back in an instant if we could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in Toowoomba. Yep KS and DH r the suburbs. I have some mates who teach at the DH's primary school.
    Just depends on what ur looking for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uve also got middle ridge too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah i was looking at either darling heights primary or middle ridge. what's darling heights school like? does it have a good rep? I'm looking at trying to find a long day care with a good preschool spiram too. thinking about putting the boys names down for the one at the university. i actually went there myself when it was FIRST opened and my dad was teaching at the university there. we moved to brisbane before i started school though.

sentimental! I'm a teaches myself so I'm hoping I'll be able to sick up some supply work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or a not too expensive private school close to those suburbs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a good day care called mirambeena (sp?) At the uni there is also a good one on spring st near west..... I can't remember the name sorry. Havnt heard much on darling heights but I went there many years ago! Middle ridge school is good but getting popular. If you want to live somewhere with a bit of land hodgsonvale is nice and only 5 min to uni.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darling heights is VERY multicultural because of all the uni students. My friends tell me it does make teaching and talking to parents abit tricky. Just depends if thats something that wld bother u?
    The CC on west/spring was ABC but can't remember if that's still the case.
    Yep middle ridge has a good rep. A private school is COC (christian outridge college) is not bad I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son goes to Darling Heights school and he loves it. I am pretty sure the daycare on Spring is still ABC.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using BubHub