+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No pregnant experience, love to hear from mums to be about symptoms

Hi everyone
    I come on here because I have lots of questions about birth & pregnancy and lots of other stuff. I've never been pregnant so I love coming to people who have or are for help

My best friend is pregnant. She is 8 weeks. She's turned into a very different person. She always seems angry, and is being very rude. She doesn't talk to anyone very much. Her symptoms have been vomiting all day long. Extreme tiredness, cramps, very sore boobs, sensitive smell & cravings. Her biggest thing at the moment is def the vomit. She doesn't keep anything down

What are symptoms others have gone thru? When will all this stop?

The reason I ask is I'm getting married in June and right now she couldn't care less. I understand a wedding is so different to growing a life but I need my best friend too, & right now i can't even talk to her she is just so horrible to be around, when will all this stop & I get her back?

Thanks girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's completely normal to be a raging bitc*! I was terrible from about 7w-11w. My partner didn't even want to talk to me as I would cry and then yell at him. I know it's no excuse but it really is a crappy time. I'm now 13w and feel great. I have a new found euphoria. I am happy and loving life.

The only other issue with friends is that I have fallen out with most of mine that are not pregnant or don't have kids. They still go out drinking all weekend and don't invite me anywhere now. Just make sure that you ask her if she wants to meet up for lunch or something. Good luck. Hope you have a lovely wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahah, thats very normal. I'm 17 weeks.. and I'm still super moody and hormonal. Mine only got worse.. not better. I get angry than I laugh than I cry.. all in about 15 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately your friend probably doesnt know what hit her.... no drinking, limited caffeine, cant eat a lot of yummy foods and trust me, the vomiting is horrendous. I had similar symtoms with my first and to be honest you bjust do what you can to get through the day. She probably doesnt mean to but its likely she is really sturggling and sometimes you can feel a bit on your own because its your experience and noone understands. Mine stopped at 12 weeks which is abotu the right time frame but my 8-12 was the worst.

Let her know your there by way of maybe bringing her some ginger beer or chocolate (always helps!) and have a chat and let her know you are a bit sad, but be careful.... moods could be all over so pick your moment but she probably doesnt now how her behaviour is affecting others (or at this point she may not care)

Congrats on your wedding, Im sure all will be fine, normally 2nd trimester brings out a different person, I have my fingers crossed for you but just remember, she is going through a new world right now and when you go through the excitement of trying for a baby.... noone tells you about this crappy part till your right in the middle of it! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Being emotional is definately a symptom, but if she's angry and upset maybe you also need to be a good friend to her and talk to her about how her and her partner are going and whether this pregnancy was a shock / surprise. Maybe there's more going on that just the pregnancy?

Good luck for your wedding! Oh and in the hours right before your wedding, I turned into the grouchy monster that my bridesmaids had to put up with (nerves..) so it's all give and take

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep, unfortunately all those symptoms are normal... and your hormones go nuts & suddenly you get a big list of dos & don'ts. I had a surprise pregnancy so it was a bit of a shock when I found out all the things I couldn't do & everything that was happening. Didn't help that the things I craved the most (brie & energy drinks) were both on the Don'ts list.
    I had similar symptoms & as pp said - the vomiting is horrible! And the enhanced sense of smell...the slightest scent of some things is enough to trigger the sickness..at one point even the mention of some foods was enough to get me.
    The fatigue won't be helping with your friends mood either...you get just too tired to care about anything.
    Most of the bad symptoms disappear after the first few months so hang in there! Maybe as others have said get some chocky, ginger ale & cookies and take them over for her.

Good luck with your wedding - hope it all works out with your friend & you have a lovely day!