+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the feedback girls - in going to try to work as long as my ob/work/body will let me :-)

Missy - I will get the PPL but it doesn't cover my rent & DH hasn't found a job yet so no real option to stop early if I want to be with my baby for at least 3 months after the birth :-s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I worked up until week 37. I felt great but was mindful of other colleagues and what I could do but shouldn't be doing.

Just remember that your employer does have the lawful right to ask you to leave before your due date if he or she deems you a health and safety risk. This also applies to returning to work. Depending on where you work and what you do, some occupations demand a specific finish and restart time. As another poster has mentioned, some employers ask for a certificate but others have it embedded in work contracts or have legislation to support them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I worked up to 37 1/2 weeks. Felt great and was bored at home after two weeks of maternity leave. Im glad I worked as long as I did because it gave me longer on other end, which I quickly realised once bubs was here was way more important.

I did relish that first week of mat leave of rest and sleep ins though. But I'd have gone crazy (or spent copious amounts of money keeping entertained) if I'd have gone off any earlier.

I had a nice cushy desk job which made working close to due date possible.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cushy desk job for me too :-)

Work are happy for me to work up to due date - I have to get my ob to write a certificate from week 36 onwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a hearing ya! I am aiming to be home for the 18 weeks! That's all our bank balance will allow too!!
    Good luck!!!!

Sent from Mel's iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS I had planned to work until 40 weeks but he decided to arrive at 38 weeks. I worked the Friday and he arrived on the Monday! I plan to do the same with this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I been told due to insurance reasons I have to finish up one month before I'm due. Which suck being a casual with no added income till baby born and can get paid parental leave sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    mee too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With dd I was was suppose to work until 38+1. My boss said that I couldn't work further than that when we first talked about possible finish dates.
    I was admitted to hospital with PE and cholastatsis at 36+1 in fhe afternoon after I finished work that day so that became my last working day. Dd was born at 37+1 lol

I felt fine during most of my pregnancy as I do now with this one. Im a preschool teacher so spend most of my day on my feet. During my entire pregnancy I used to work a full day (11hrs) shift once a week and i had done it the day before I "started" maternity leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, but I was at work 17 hours before I gave birth.