View Poll Results: Have you avoided reading a thread because it had a "trigger warning" in the title?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 36.11%
  • No

23 63.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No because my triggers are more 'sounds' and 'visual' type things rather than the written word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No as I'm more triggered by 'sounds' and 'visual' than the written word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm shocking, I will try to avoid but then sometimes I look and sometimes get affected in a very, very bad way. The worst was within a fb spin off group I was added to, a member said something so dispicibly horrible about me that I vomited

I avoid them now, mostly because I know people will enter the thread and say something horribly offensive about victims and victims parents. I've been very hurt in the past by trigger threads and I think that people should take the word 'trigger' seriously before shooting their mouth off with their loud opinions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I don't not read, but am better prepared mentally for what the thread is about IYKWIM
    this

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Any thread title that involves animal abuse or child abuse being discussed I will never open .

I have once opened a thread where something about an animal was being discussed and I honestly have never forgotten it , I actually had to ring my sister to talk about it and have a good cry as it was eating me alive :-(

That's no fault of the thread , that's my own sensitivities . I like that people put trigger or distressing as a warning , however I've seen some child abuse threads where the title of the thread is distressing enough to me let alone opening it and reading it .

Sent from my iPhone

Me  Dh
    DS -2 years 
    DD - 10 months 💜

7. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (03-02-2012)