+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ****Trigger WARNING**** Oh my god :(

A man dubbed the Facebook killer for posting evil messages on the website before murdering his toddler daughter has lost a bid to appeal his life sentence.Ramazan Acar, 24, posted a chilling message on Facebook, "Bout to kill ma kid", before murdering two-year-old Yazmina in November 2010.On Thursday, Justice Mark Weinberg rejected the killer's application for leave to appeal his life sentence, with a 33-year minimum.Outside the Victorian Court of Appeal, Yazmina's mother said she was satisfied with the outcome."I'm very happy with the decision," Rachelle D'Argent told reporters.When sentencing Acar in July 2011, Justice Elizabeth Curtain described the murder as the worst possible kind.She said Acar had killed his daughter to get back at her mother after their split.Acar had pleaded guilty to the murder.His lawyer had argued for the right to appeal Acar's sentence because it was manifestly excessive and didn't take into account the impact of his personality disorder on the offending.Justice Weinberg disagreed, saying that Justice Curtain had correctly taken into account Acar's mental health issues, which she found had not directly contributed to the murder.Justice Curtain correctly concluded Acar's main motivation had been to get back at his ex-partner, Justice Weinberg said.He said even if mental health issues had contributed it was still unlikely Acar's sentence would have been reduced for such a horrendous crime."In my opinion, there is no reasonable prospect that the Court of Appeal would impose a less severe sentence upon this applicant than that fixed by the sentencing judge," Justice Weinberg said in his reasons for rejecting the appeal bid.He also disagreed that the sentence was manifestly excessive."This was a brutal and callous murder which, in my view, should be characterised as one of the worst cases of its kind," he said."It was aggravated by the applicant's behaviour towards Ms D'Argent, which was both cruel and sadistic."On any view, the applicant's moral culpability was great, and merited severe punishment."Acar had convinced Ms D'Argent on November 17, 2010, to let him take Yazmina for a drive to the local milk bar for chocolate.He then taunted Ms D'Argent with phone calls, text messages and Facebook posts, threatening to kill Yazmina and saying it was for "pay bk, u ****", as he drove around Melbourne's suburbs.In one phone call he asked Ms D'Argent if she had any last words for her daughter, before putting Yazmina on the line who told her mother: "I love you."In a subsequent call he told Ms D'Argent "I've killed her to get back at you" and "even if I go behind bars, I know that you are suffering".Yazmina's body was found with multiple stab wounds in scrubland at Greenvale Reservoir Reserve.A mothers worst nightmare
    Last edited by laurea; 02-02-2012 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh, I cannot fathom what that poor family are going through

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw this story on 60 mins I think a few weeks ago and I still think about it a lot. So horrible and unfathomable

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Some people are just sick. What scares me the most about these horrible people, is that at some point in time, they were somebodies little baby boy/girl. Terrifying thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think A trigger warning needs to be attached.
    That is just so so sad, my heart bleeds for that family, I couldn't imagine the pain they are dealing with.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This story is heartbreaking.

I second a trigger warning...

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is just so terrible... How can someone do that to a poor innocent child???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Third a trigger warning. That's just gut wrenching and horrid in every way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already ammended the title saying trigger warning..

Hmm but it doesn't look like it's showing up. It shows up when the thread is open but not in the index? Am i the only one seeing this??
    Last edited by laurea; 02-02-2012 at 15:36.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the risk of upsetting some people, I hope he gets what's coming to him in jail. Crimes involving children are usually dealt with in a 'unique' way behind bars and I for one would be happy to hear about it.

Can't imagine what the family is going through, worse nightmare

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (03-02-2012),Pinkzy  (02-02-2012)