+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to wear in hospy?

Hey all. I usually wear PJs but have to have a caesar, so am thinking nighties may be less hassle to get on and off. What did you all wear in hospy? Did you take "normal" clothes as well or stick to sleepwear?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wore jammie pants and a singlet. They weren't uncomfortable on my incision.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wore nighties and big undies to go over my incision.. once i was home i just wore big t shirts and loose tracksuit pants

5. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ta guys. BlissedOut, did you find it uncomfortable dragging on the PJ bottoms after surgery? I struggle a little already doing it with my 35 week belly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I wore nursing singlets and loose pj bottoms after my Caesar in hospital (once I was able to change out of the hospital gown).

Oh and I agree with the big granny undies so they are high enough not to rub on your wound. A month on and I am still wearing the granny panties!

I didn't go with a nightie in hospital as I figured they would be checking my wound and it was easier to lift a singlet than entire nightie. Easier for BFing too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Forgot to add I also had gym pants to wear in hospital..those ones with the roll down waist. Found they were good to support the incision as you could have them covering and there was no uncomfortable elastic waistband to rub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, they were quite loose. Another tip I was given (but didn't need to use) was attaching a pad to your firm high rise undies where the incision is, buffers the pants band.

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definitely preferred nighties (make sure you get some that unbutton down the front if you are breastfeeding). The granny undies were brilliant too. I couldn't stand anything near the scar.

To wear home I took some maternity pants that roll all the way up over your belly - about what you would wear at 5 months preg. They gave the much needed support for the first couple of weeks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseKathleen For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    With my C/S I found big granny style undies best (as the lower cuts rubbed against my wound) and nighties the best

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Granny undies for sure make sure they are tight cause the pads are huge! I used a maternity pad and the hospital ones so tight undies kept it all in place.
    I wore cheap $5 big w leggings black, sometimes you leak a bit and atleast you cant see.

I just had cheap big w $4 tanks for tops in reflection tops that buttoned down the front would have been more helpful.

I used triangle crop tops too more soft when your nipples are a big tender from starting to breast feed, and easy to get the boob out

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elle12 For This Useful Post:

Mopeg  (02-02-2012)