+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Meat ideas for 10 month old

Ds doesn't seem keen on meat, mince he is ok with but still not great. He loves fish though but im running out of ideas as what to for with it. He is also wanting all finger food to feed himself which makes things harder, does anyone have any recipes or food ideas to get more meat in his diet ??

Thanks for your help guys

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 10month old loves lamb cutlets - just cut up into tiny pieces he can feed himself and then he loves to chew on the bone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try mini meatballs mixed with veg. My DS likes those and he's not a big meat eater either.

Also homemade chicken fingers coated in yoghurt and breadcrumbs, fish cakes, pumpkin and chicken risotto or stews with heaps or veg and a little meat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to make DS little patties, I'd use mince (lamb, beef or chicken) or canned tuna or salmon with mashed potato, pumpkin or sweet potato and other veggies, then he could feed himself. Essentially it was purée done in a pattie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds LOVES sheppards pie. Mince vegies and mashed potato with cheese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do chicken nuggets. I cut chicken thighs into chunks, coat in yoghurt, garlic and lemon or a little 5 spice powder, then crumb - I use homemade breadcrumbs or crushed puffed rice or weetbix. You could add grated Parmesan to the crumbs as well.

Also agree with the salmon patties suggestion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At 10 months some babies don't like the texture of read meat, mine didn't , which is why they like mince , don't stress too much at that age, as PP,s have suggested the easiest finger food with meat is homemade nuggets or meatballs, just keep giving him a wide variety;
    My DS at 10 months loved fish! His favorites were grilled salmon ( either lemon and garlic or sweet chili) just make sure there are no bones and cut it into thick chunks so he can hold/pick it up easily
    Lamb cutlets as well
    Lamb or beef koftas
    Turkey/chicken/beef / meat balls
    Fish , prawn or crab cakes
    Chicken or salmon nuggets
    Homemade pizza with tuna or chicken
    Moussaka with lamb mince

Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing for ideas.

if you give your child shepards pie, moussaka etc, do you feed it to them or do they eat it themselves? DS hates being fed but just makes a mess (and doesnt eat much) if left to eat that sort of stuff by himself. he soooo doesnt get the use of a spoon either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS loves shepards pie. We do a combination of me feeding and him feeding himself. It's messy but at least he eats.