+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default School tuckshop

Do you let your kids have tuckshop? If so how often? Only special occasions, when there's no lunch food in the house, a weekly thing etc?
    I've noticed most if my threads lately about school lol :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let DD1 have tuckshop occasionally... most the time when I don't have much food in the house. I don't like to make it a regular thing, more an emergency/can't be bothered thing here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking I could make it a special occasion treat thing? Like if she goes on her birthday etc Or if there's no food/can't be bothered but not regular

Me and She - 4

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is tuckshop food healthy these days? Genuinely curious, for future reference

Thanks
    Reviews
    At dd's school they have healthy food I would say 98% of the menu is healthy there's no Lollies no soft drink no chocolate etc. a lot different to when I went there. They do have hot food that's not healthy tho like pies pizza etc but that's about it everything else is salad, wraps, yogurt, cheese basically things you would probably send from home but yummiest because it's tuckshop and I didn't have to make it lol

Me and She - 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We used to get our lunch from the canteen every friday. I thought it was my parents being nice, but I now realise it was probably more of a end of the week CBF thing lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They sell slushies sometimes in summer so during term 1 and 4 she can have a slushie but otherwise no, not appropriate for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Yes, ours has salad sandwiches, chicken breast sandwiches with salad, egg and lettuce sandwiches, spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, salad cups with optional cheese and egg as extras. That's what I remember. I used to let dd have a salad cup or salad sandwich each week in year 1.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Very!

Ours has beautiful sushi, wraps, salad bowls, fruit salad cups, etc

No junk, no soft drinks, no lollies, no chips, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    My older DD last year used to have it every Monday. Now that they are both at school I am not sure what I will do.

Our canteen has a mix of healthy and chips etc (no lollies though). They do have plenty of healthy items as well.

My youngest loves sushi and I noticed they have Sushi term 1 and 4 so may get her a sushi next week. I don't have enough coins in my bag this week. The canteen likes the exact money

I got a little concerned last year as my DD had made friends with some girls in the older grade who were buying her canteen food. So I thought it better that I get it for her so I know what she is getting. I also don't like the thought of older kids buying her food.