+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do your children share the same birthdate?

We are expecting our second bub towards end of the year and have found out the date is the same as our first child.
    I know these things can't be helped and our bub can arrive early or late but just wanting to know how many out there had children on the same date.
    What did you do for birthdays? And parties. I am thinking into the future and cringe at the thought of an 18th and 21st in the same week!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and my sister share the same birth date, 5 years apart. I was born a week early and she a day late. We've always loved celebrating our birthdays together, even now when we're in our 20s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My relatives had their 18th and 21st on the same day (siblings). I don't know how they felt about it though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My brother and I share the same birthday (he was 2 yrs younger) and I hated the fact throughout my childhood. My mum used to hold joint birthday parties when we were small until one year the little boys terrorised the little girls and we complained so much she said "That's it! From now in you can each have a party every second year!" Which worked much better. I look back and laugh now (and feel sorry for my poor Mum), but at the time it would have helped me to celebrate our special days independently. Mind you, there are always going to be fights amongst siblings and little boys and girls will ever think each other are 'yuck' and 'stupid' and I dare say it hasn't scarred me for life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my 2 boys share the same day the 12th of may. I will be having an 18th and a 21st on the same day as they are 3 years apart. ds2 was due on the 18th of may and ds3 was due on the 10th. Ds2 thought it was the best thing ever getting a brother for his birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not quite but in a way, and I'm looking for ideas/tips on how to make birthdays special. My soon-to-be 1yr twins were born on my birthday, and I've been wondering how to celebrate all 3, so will be following this thread with interest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my good friends has children 3 years one day apart. So far they've had joint birthdays, not sure what will happen as they get older.

My dh is 2 years 1 day older than his brother. Birthdays mean nothing to him as growing up it was always celebrated on his brothers bday. Theyd do presents, go out for tea, have joint parties etc - always on his brothers. They pretty much always got joint presents too.

I think bdays are really special and try to make my dh's day that way now. He appreciates what I do but he's been scarred for life and really doesn't give a cr*p what happens :-(

So I'd suggest try and offer a separate bday thing for each of them especially as they get older.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes they do, when your a multiple it can't be helped.

They've always had their own birthday cake & invited their own friends. ATM they all have the same group of friends which makes it easier but I'm sure that will change.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby is a twin do he shares. They don't seem to have ever minded. SIL does and always tries to make the day about her husband and then my hubby as a tag on. We find it funny while still slightly annoying.

DS2 was born in DS1's due date. DS1 was a month prem so there isn't clash of birthdays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A friend in school shared her bday with her younger brother and her grandfather!!, she never seemed bothered by it. My mum and her sister had there eldest children on the same date 12 years apart, this year we are having a huge 18th and 30th