+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's interesting that it's the second child in so many cases who is more attached. I would have thought it was the other way around. Glad its not just us in any case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    It's interesting that it's the second child in so many cases who is more attached. I would have thought it was the other way around. Glad its not just us in any case
    It was in my case too. I don't think I've done much different, just completely different personalities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    YEs definitely. DD1 liked everyone better than me Would go to absoultely anyone and would only stop crying for other people. I couldn't make sense of it.

DD2 was the complete opposite she was and still is my little shadow
    DD3 was similar and is still very shy around strangers..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD2 is 4 and she is still very attached to me. Has been since she was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My second child is very attached to me. She only goes to my sister when I am not around. My first child on the other hand is attached to his father more, but he's easy going kid he's happy with anyone (who wants to play with him..)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by laurea; 07-02-2012 at 12:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Gosh I couldn't go past this without commenting. Attachment parenting is very much what you are describing and studies have shown this does not cause those things. Infact they find it makes more confident children! If anything it is maybe just his personality. He is only 10 weeks old and you are only doing what comes naturally. You cannot spoil them at this age and are providing a wonderful, secure introduction to the world!!
    That is good to know, I think other people have made me a bit self conscious of what I am doing because they tell me I am not leaving him enough, holding him to much or going to him to quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    That is good to know, I think other people have made me a bit self conscious of what I am doing because they tell me I am not leaving him enough, holding him to much or going to him to quickly.
    It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job My almost four year old has been raised with attachment parenting and is confident, independent and loving. It's about giving your child what it needs and fir some kids that's more cuddles etc than others