+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Was one of your children more attached to you?

DS1 had a strong bond with his grandma (my mother) right from birth, and though he had a strong bond with me too he always settled easily for her, was very happy to go to her for cuddles if I had to get something done and I was comfortable leaving him with her for an hour or two while I popped out to the shop or took a walk etc from when he was about 6 weeks old. He was quite a spirited bub but who was holding him didn't bother him at all.

DS2 is totally different, he just wants me 100% of the time. If I pass him to DH or his grandparents he cries 95% of the time and will stop the second I take him back. If I can manage my day so he's pretty much on or beside me 100% of the time he's a super happy bub, if anyone else even reaches out to take him he almost always bursts into tears. He'll be 12 weeks in a couple of days and I can't imagine leaving him for a couple of hours for several months at least.

Was one of your children more attached to you or your DH than another?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My eldest would go to anyone, still does. Nana is his favourite though. DS2 always wants Mummy, even though he insists on calling me by my first name. That is until lately when he has become a bit of a Nana's boy. Darn her and her bottomless jar of smarties!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 3.5 and has always been "clingy". He still comes to the toilet with me, panics if I walk more than a step while he is still putting on shoes etc. He is an extremely anxious kid though which I think accounts for it.
    DD is 12 months and definitely prefers me over others (and does LOVE being held and does HATE being left and will scream/cry etc), but it isn't from anxiety. I think her concern is that she will miss out on something. She needs to be a part of the action.
    Although my DD is young, I can tell that I won't have the same challenges with her as I do with DS.

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just need a large piece of wood to touch now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My situation is completely the same. Ds1 was more of a village baby. My mum and dad used to have him from quite early on as he would go to them so happily and snuggle into their bed and go to sleep. It was so lovely. He was attached to his father really early too. I could give him a breastfeed before I went somewhere and he would sleep a few hours before waking and he would take bottles of ebm etc. Dd2 is so different! I have not have any time to myself in nearly 8 months now. I had to quit my job too. She also only feeds off me and refuses any fake nipples. She just loves me so much she won't let me go for ten minutes lol. Its quite exhausting but she is my beautiful little girl so I only occasionally get upset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a bit worried my DS is going to be clingy, I think it's our fault though, we started co-sleeping and now he won't sleep in his cot and will only fall asleep when he is held. He will happily go to anyone at the moment but he will keep looking for me. I think I might have held him to much when he was first born too. I didn't put him down much in the first couple of weeks coz I just wanted to hold him and watch him alllllll the time. he will lay on his play mat or lay in his cot not sleeping but eatching his mobile and I can leave the room for a minute without him stressing so I live in hope that he won't be as clingy as I think I might have made him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 loved everyone, would go to anyone, spoke to strangers, made friends easily.

DD2 is a mummy's girl. I am her favorite person, soft toy, punching bag, milk machine. Highly suspicious of people, prefer to only socialize with very select few.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 would go to anyone.
    DS2 is very attached to me, sometimes won't even go to Dad. He is big on cuddles too, which DS1 never was - too busy playing and exploring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 7 and is (and always has been) a social butterfly and goes with the flow. My DS is 14 months and a total mummy's boy. He hates being left with anyone and is happiest when he is with me. It's exhausting sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DD1 has never really cared if I was around or not- as long as dad is there is she is all good. DD2 on the other hand has always been a mummys girl. Very attached to me.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)