+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by laurea; 07-02-2012 at 12:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you

Just a thought though, ectopic pregnancies can be a life or death situation, and if you only had one tube and it was scarred and damaged then there is a high risk of any future pregnancy through that tube being ectopic. I was told that any pregnancy through my scarred and damaged tube had a 99.999% chance of being ectopic.

I'm not saying what the Dr did was right or anything, just that he may try to argue that it WAS a life or death situation...

Anyway, definitely get some legal advice. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    <bleep>ing outrageous. I am furious on your behalf! I am sick to death of these doctors that treat women's bodies (especially) like their own personal experimentation grounds and exercise THEIR views upon YOUR body! How bloody dare he?! There isn't an emoticon that can convey the outrage, fury, horror and sadness I feel for you.

He had no right to perform that procedure without your consent unless it was done to curb an immediate emergency. Get your medical records and go after that doctor. Chances are that as soon as you do, other women that had been reluctant to do so will come forward with similar stories to your own.

All the best to you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Speedy For This Useful Post:

laurea  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! that's heart breaking!
    :'-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Australian hospitals and doctors only have to keep patients records for 7 years which I think is part of why the courts have limitations. Still it might be worth getting advice on tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can call one of those no win no fee lawyers. They can always tell you whether or not you have a case. Whether you actually go with them is up to you. At the very least I think you should complain to the licensing board and also the independent body in your state.

I am so so sorry this happened for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ectopic pregnancy and the surgeon was only able to determine how badly damaged my tube was, after he went in. He removed my tube as it was too badly damaged and leaving it would cause significant risks if another ectopic. Ectopic pregnancies are quite dangerous situations, and removal of the tube is often the appropriate course if action.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry posted twice!!
    Last edited by TreeGirl; 03-02-2012 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is terrible. I was in a similar position except I was asked concent by my fs after the initial surgery. Having my damaged tube tied did increase my success of IVF and there is a lot of evidence out there for this. But to do it without consent!!!!!! Totally morally wrong!! I'm sorry that ou have been through this and if it not too heart breaking to relive I would take this further!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Australian hospitals and doctors only have to keep patients records for 7 years which I think is part of why the courts have limitations. Still it might be worth getting advice on tho.
    In QLD it's meant to be 10 years for records, after you were last a patient or last seen in A/E or last medico-legal action.

Any Diagnostic Imaging has to be kept for 5 years after last image or report was made.

And that's only if they don't get lost.
    Last edited by *Cj*; 03-02-2012 at 20:35.