+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven3Eleven View Post
    That even though all their food is "made to order" that if you go through the drive through you get your food straight away but if you order in store you have to wait for it????

Or does this only happen to me?

Also can someone explain how their new smoothies are made with only fresh ingredients but are also made with syrup?

I should ad that I only eat Maccas maybe once a week if that. I used to eat it all the time but I've cut back or I try to order their salads instead of a greasy burger.

Me-24, DP-34, DS-10months, SD1-12, SD2-9 & the missing piece-3
    Ok since I just resigned as a manager I can answer these

Yes DT gets priority, we have a score board and a total experience time target that we have to meet. We have the same ones for front counter but DT is given priority because there is a sensor that measures the total time taken from when the customer orders at the COD (the screen you see) and from when they are given their order. This times places us on the scoreboard, it is a constant competition nationally and something we focus on daily.

As a PP stated it is more of a "assemble to order" we have 3 different types of meat and they are cooked in small batches and are put in trays for 20 minutes with a timer and then discarded. As you order it comes up on a screen in the kitchen and it gets made on the spot.
    As for the new frappes and smoothies.... The syrup is a blend of fresh fruit that gets delivered twice a week with the rest of our stock. We have what is called a BIM (blended ice machine) and we hook the bags of syrup up, it's transferred into the blender and then yoghurt and crushed ice is added to it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012),Guest1234  (01-02-2012),MissMuppet  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Went there once 8 years ago and was made to wait 15 minutes for hubby's bigmac and fries...never been back. Hate take away but if do HJ's all the way, no wait and fresh...personally wouldn't eat either...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmmmmm bags of syruuuup.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's because they cook the patties and the nuggets and stuff beforehand, and they get stored in an oven thing for a maximum amount of time (it's not very long)... so they have to put the burger together and stuff... but the food's already cooked... the burger just isn't made up.

The fries can be in the thing for a set amount of mins I think before they're chucked... so they're always cooking new batches of that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They even had a promo not that long ago that if you went through drive-thru and your order took longer than a certain amount of time to be recieved then you get it for free or something (didn't pay that much attention).
    Anyway, yep, drive-thru gets priority over counter orders.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonc View Post
    Mmmmmmm bags of syruuuup.....
    Bahahahahahaah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our local maccas is awful, terrible service and food that has gone past it's "max warming time" but they just don't care. We keep complaining and they do nothing its good in a way though as it stools me from wanting to go there and eat garbage lol

Hasn't seems everytime we go through drive through we are immediately sent to the waiting bay as is every other car, it seems like they are hardly ever serving people their food at the drive through window anymore (or maybe it's just a coincidence)

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    just fwiw australian maccas does not currently use pink sludge and the use of amonium in food is illegal here so yeah we dont have amonium dyed pink nuggets here lol

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll never forget when I worked at McDonald's and there was a big open bucket under the sink, filled with pickles. They just randomly left this huge white bucket of pickles under the sink where you wash your hands? They would just go and get scoops out of it throughout the day. That was the least of it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pynk View Post
    So how are nuggets made here? Curious

Sent from my HUAWEI SONIC using BubHub
    They are crumbed chicken breast, if you could figure out the crumbs ingrediance you could make them yourself by buying chook breasts and dicing into chicken nuggest sizes