+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dry retch (since UTD) when I get cheeseburgers with onions, in drive thru I order no onions or pickles and still get them super quick! Go figure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Made to order" is actually a bit misleading. It should actually be "assembled to order". Meat patties are cooked in batches and then kept warm in a warmer, when u order a burger they will freshly toast your bun, add all the other ingredients and add the Previously cooked meat pattie. Have you noticed that the cheese is never nicely melted into the meat anymore??? This is cos the cheese is put on a meat pattie that has been sitting in a warmer instead of on a meat pattie that has just come off the grill sizzling. They did this as it is less wasteful, which means more $$$$$$.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ANS For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep
    Harking back to my Maccas days of many years ago- we used to try and get the drive through out of the way first as the cars pile up so easily! and we only had 2 parking spots we could get people to move to while they waited for their orders. It was easier to get people at the counter to move out of the way and let the next person order than it was to try to move cars out of the way!

No idea about the smoothies, they're a recent addition!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm enticing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had to wait in store for a bottle of water, because there were 2 other orders before mine. How ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get a cheese burger meal once every few months as a treat. Last time (drive thru) and the pattie was horrible and dry and I couldn't eat it. Now I know why! No more maccas!

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm guessing it's the same as hungry jacks and drive thru gets priority. We had a timer above the order window and got in trouble if it took longer than 2minutes to get the order out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lesson of the day? Go through drive through, even if the line is bigger.
    It's always been a little argument in my head wondering which option I should take. This thread has made that decision easier for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is so true about drive thru being faster!!

Thought i'd share this newslink..i was just reading it on ninemsn..

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/841...ia-in-its-meat

sort of puts u off from having maccas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From experience, burgers took me about 10 seconds to make after being toasted since everything is already prepared, its just a matter of putting it together, hence why a lot of customers complain they dont have enough of lettuce or sauce or whatever... Anyway I just wanted to add as soon as you order and they take your money, the order has been processed, the time it takes for them to give you your change has given them a head start on your order. And that 2 minute rule is also true... Wow I blabber a lot.