+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for answers

Hey guys,
    I am new to this site but was recommended it from a friend. I am in an odd situation. My husband and I had been ttc but as we bought a house in nov we decided to put it off for a while. We have been using contraception (condoms) but accidents have happened once or twice. The first day of my last period was the 4th of December, I am not regular in my cycle but have never gone this long without AF. I had taken HPT and always got a BFN but wasn't too concerned as my mum had problems getting all 4 of her pregnancies to show up until 10-12 weeks. I had a blood test on the 22nd of jan with a BFN result and the dr said to retest if AF didnt arrive in 2-3 weeks, its been a week and a half and still no AF. Has anyone had this happen to them or have any advice they can offer me as I am trying to not get my hopes up but it gets harder each day
    Thanks
    Chrissi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question... Are u coming off birth control? If so sometimes it can take 5-6 months to get back to normal and iv heard of people not having af come for that long...

But if ur seeing go about it I would listen to them as they would know ur medical history etc...

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the pill but have been off for almost a year and a half so it should effect anything anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissi,

My dh and I have been ttc for 8 months now. I took an implanon out in June 2011 and have had a some what regular cycle ever since. My cycle is 31 - 32 days. There have been 2 occasions however since having the the implanon out that my period has come late - or maybe I missed it all together? Both times it was about 2 weeks late. I did about 10 pregnancy tests during each of those fortnights and as we desperately want a baby it was heart breaking every time the -ve came up.

I went to the Dr each time and she ran the pee test (same thing I had been doing myself!) which obviously came up -ve. Each time she said to wait 2 weeks and if it hadn't come by then to do a blood test. Each time it came the day before I was going to go for the blood test!

I don't realy have any answers for you as my Dr has not been particulary helpful - I still don't know why they were late each time? But I just thought I'd share my story and let you know your not alone. I hope this is a once off for you (maybe it's caused by the stress of buying a home and moving?) and wish you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a very short cycle but I've completely missed it twice in the last 2 years. Once was while traveling O/S which my dr at the time said can do it, and the second was due to stress apparently. Both times the dr told me it's completely normal and they don't start worrying until it's been about 4-6 months! (2 different DRs mind you). If the test is negative just try to relax and wait it out would be my advice.