+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any mums with clingy kids too that wanna meet other mums with clingy kids :)(VIC)

Hey everyone im a mum of a super clingy kid and if your one too you would know the feeling of not being able to go to much places or catch up with friends as you know that your child will start crying get histerical and cling onto you for dear life. I myself am going threw this with my 18 month old son and it gets super lonely at times as im a stay at home mum feel like i cant do much for the fear of him cracking it and of course i feel like other friends and family dont know what its like and are very judgemental so it would be great to get to know mums in the same situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vv27 View Post
    Hey everyone im a mum of a super clingy kid and if your one too you would know the feeling of not being able to go to much places or catch up with friends as you know that your child will start crying get histerical and cling onto you for dear life. I myself am going threw this with my 18 month old son and it gets super lonely at times as im a stay at home mum feel like i cant do much for the fear of him cracking it and of course i feel like other friends and family dont know what its like and are very judgemental so it would be great to get to know mums in the same situation.
    I have been through this with my 3 year old and with a few tips it can get better I promise! I am in the same area as you would you like to meet up for a coffee I saw your other post on another thread I was on and I completely understand the feeling of being stuck in the house! Let me know and pm me if you want to have a play date!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IVFmumof2 For This Useful Post:

vv27  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh im glad you say that it gets so hard at times he has just started daycare goes once a week so far only a bit of improvment they told me yesterday he was a bit better but still unsettled the thing was he was alot of work as a baby aswell he has really bad reflux and use to cry and cry and scream and now this i just would love for him to be more social but not happening at the moment. Would be great to catch up sometime i did see your post for the meeting at the old cheese factory thread i thought i would be good to try and get him out of his comfort zone a bit more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds like my eldest at that age and do not worry 18 months old is a very clingy age it's very normal just be there for him with open arms if he needs a reassuring cuddle and one day he find confidence will get much better but children don't actually play together properly until they are over 2, right now mummy is his world! enjoy it it think in 10 years he won't want to know me and that gets me through the clingyness lol really looking forward to meeting you and the other mums next Friday the 10th! It will be fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know my partner saids that to me all the time enjoy it now when his older he wouldnt want to know you lol. Yeah i have heard that at this age they don't really play with other kids he will rather do his own thing. Well i will see next fri then it will be nice to get out and catch up with some other mums.