+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7week old fussy

My daughter is fussy when I feed her. She feeds for up to 5mins and then fusses about and just screams and throws up. Then I try to attach her again and she just fusses about screaming etc. we have been told she has bad reflux. Am wondering if me feeding her isn't working and maybe I should just give up and put her on the formula suggested. It's getting to me emotionally and I'm so tired as she is constantly screaming for a feed as if she isn't getting anything/enough from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It does sound like reflux, but could be many other things too so best to see a GP. Is she settling ok? Vomiting or crying a lot?

It could even be your flow that she's fussing about, once the letdown is in...my DS did this for a few weeks when he was being lazy, only wanted to feed when it was coming out fast. I just kept alternating sides to stop him fussing.

There are reflux medications that can be prescribed if need be - switching to formula won't solve the issue if it's genuinely reflux, so I would recommend seeing someone to help you. Many mums continue b/f reflux babies without an issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only difference between 'normal' and reflux formula is that the reflux one is thickened. If the doctor really thinks that your bub would benefit from the reflux formula you should be able to ask about giving bub some thickener after each breastfeed instead of using formula or even adding thickener to expressed breastmilk. If the doctor is unsure about adding thickener they could contact the closest children's hospital for a recipe.
    I hope this is helpful.