+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What are your thoughts on this?

A friend of mine was telling me how a friend of hers (who doesnt have any kids, neithe TTC) has said she had joined a parenting forum (not bubhub) solely so she can read issues faced by worried, exhausted, frustrated parents and keep telling herself never to have kids or she will face such problems. also says this makes her thankful for her independant life style.
    I was a bit disgusted about this but my friend said its alright .

Thoughts from you all ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no problem with it. I think more people should be aware that parenting is not all roses. I wish I'd had a better idea about what lay in store, cause it came as a big shock to me.

As long as they are respectful of other mmbers I think its none of my business why anyone chooses to join.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i have no issue with it either, I think it's a smart thing to do if you know you don't want kids. being a parent is no picnic, it's damn hard work. I hope people like her don't have children to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She's not hurting anybody, so I don't see the issue. It's good for people to get a true picture of parenting as well. Although it could have the reverse effect; I think that bh makes you feel clucky because it gives the impression that everyone is procreating.

I reckon I have turned my best friend off kids. She often says she looks at our situation, and it freaks her out to lose her independent life. She doesn't mean it badly, she just doesn't know if she wants kids enough to deal with the drudgery side of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i totally agree with being aware of what hard work being a parent is... thats why i waited 6yrs till TTC with DD as i would see my friends and relatives with their kids and only decided to get preg when i was absolutly sure i wanted to be a mum.
    it was just the way this woman was saying she wants to delibratly not have kids and so reads posts by parents to keep telling herself how bad things will get if ever she did have a bub that sort of put me of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's hard to fight those sometimes irrational hormonal urges though to have a baby.

Even though I should have waited two years more to conceive this time, every month I turned into a crazy baby craving woman.

Sometimes you need whatever it takes to talk some sense into you (my partner tried but couldn't win against my crazy baby wanting)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samar81 View Post
    i totally agree with being aware of what hard work being a parent is... thats why i waited 6yrs till TTC with DD as i would see my friends and relatives with their kids and only decided to get preg when i was absolutly sure i wanted to be a mum.
    it was just the way this woman was saying she wants to delibratly not have kids and so reads posts by parents to keep telling herself how bad things will get if ever she did have a bub that sort of put me of.
    i know what you are trying to say, and i can see how you would find that offensive. if someone said that to my face i would be hurt but looking at it from an objective perspective, it's a smart thing for her to do. but yeah, i totally get what you are saying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really don't have a problem with this, I know a few people who should of done the same before they had kids!!!
    I know its supposed to be a womans maternal instinct to have children but I guess it really isn't for everyone and I think good on them for doing what they believe in, better than having children then not being prepared to give them the time and devotion they need. I have a dear friend who I love to pieces but her life totally revovles around her work, her running, her shopping, her gym time etc and she is happy to dump her baby anyone who is happy to have her for a few hours, her job also takes her away from home for days at a time on a weekly basis, I believe this is far worse than the lady reading forums reminding herself why she shouldn't have kids!!
    Good on her I say