+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default The pain! Anyone else suffering? VENT

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you are suffering from pain (can't explain - burning/stabbing/muscle) under their sternum/right breast/ribs? (I'm 28 weeks)

My OB said it was reflux but I have nothing "coming up" so have ruled that out. My GP said that it was my Diaphram. I have no idea what it is but I can honestly say that it is the worse thing I have had to deal with this whole pregnancy. Nothing seems to work for long periods of time. I wake up with the pain in the middle of the night. I work in an office so am practically strapped to a desk all day everyday. I am just over it.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a similar pain, both my ob and gp thought it was my muscles being pulled at my rib cage by my baby belly. The pain is was worst when I was sitting all day at work. 5min walking around breaks every half hour enabled me to get through my whole day at work. It's better now I'm not at work and I can lie down or move around whenever I start getting the pain and it doesn't get a chance to build up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gallstones? You can get these on the right side under the ribs, it is often accompanied by nausea. Can feel worst after eating a big / fatty meal. Keep an eye on it, if it persists, see your Dr again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had that, they were convinced it was gallstones, ultrasound showed it wasnt, I was diagnosed with too much stomach acid. Changes to diet cleared it in a week or so.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get it when i excerted myself too much or whenever i changed to a new bag in the vacuum cleaner!! Aparently there is a muscle that runs from the top of your uterous on each side right down to the vaginal area. If you can imagine a 'V' shape from under your breast to your pelvis. Because your uterous is growing and stretching, this muscle is also having to stretch with your uterous. Aparently from around 16-18 weeks this is when you start to notice the that there is actually a muscle there because of the painful sensation. Often when ive done a lot throughout the day, i get the pain which literally takes my breath away. I literally feel like i could tear open the skin on my belly and pull out whatever it is thats hurting and id be happier with a big gaping wound instead!
    Its basically telling your body to take a break and put your feet up or go for an easy stroll to help loosen everything up a but. Pilates helped me with this as well.
    .....But, at the end of the day, it could be anything that is causing your pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the exact same thing! Stabbing pain under right breast, I'm 23 weeks and find it worse while sitting and everything is more squished. I find the area even tender to touch, have an OB appt next week and will ask but fear I am going to get the reflux/heartburn/gallstones answer when I really don't think it's any of those things. I can't see how it is growing or stretching pains because sometimes it just hits me and feels like I am getting stabbed from the inside, along with a burning pain. It's horrible....

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it with my DS and have it now with this baby. I feel like I can't breath sometimes.. and moving can be quite painful! It is right up under my right rib cage.

Have been told its is immflamation of the rib cartilage caused by general stretching, baby moving up... or in my case what was a head and lots of little moving hands. They told me I can't do much, just ride it out until bub arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I also read that it could also have something to do with wearing an incorrect sized bra but today I have my nursing bra on (I have been wearing an underwire one because they are out of control) and there is a little difference in the pain but it is still there. Oh well. Looks like its something that I'm going to have to deal with until I deliver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg I'm only 10 weeks and I've had a very similar pain (though more on my left side) for a couple of weeks.

It's so frustrating. And what I find weird is it feels better when I put pressure on it, like lie flat (which I can still do as I don't have a belly yet!!)

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!