+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With the extreme issues I had with my first, my goal was a day by day prospect. She was never breastfed, but was bottlefed EBM. I would not recommend full time expressing to anyone..ever. I made it until 8.5 months and fell pregnant with no.2 and could not maintain supply.

My goal with no.2 was 2 years. I weaned at almost 3yo because I was so over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was pregnant my goal was 12 months, when DD was born it was to make it to the next feed for over 6 weeks. I had vasospasms (still do) mastitis, thrush, bacterial infection, cracks, blisters, used nipple sheilds, weaned from nipple sheilds. At one stage I was taking panadeine forte to get through the night feeds. I had two breastfeeding counsellors and a LC tell me it was maybe time to give up and FF. So I just kept going one fees at a time and with the support of the wonderful ladies on here I got through it and am feeding DD who is 10 weeks old. My goal now is minimum 2 years or until she self weans.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Etienne For This Useful Post:

crunchie  (02-02-2012),Izy  (02-02-2012),share a book  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never really had a goal when I was pregnant. And it was so hard at the start that I just wanted to get through the next feed, then to three months, then six....

Now here we are going strong at 8.5 months and no sign of slowing down! It's very important to me to make it to one year and then I'm happy to follow DS's lead and whatever will be will be I can't see me refusing him so we could be breastfeeding forever

Good on you all for getting as far as you did. No matter if it's one day, one week, one year, every precious drop of breastmilk is liquid gold to our babies

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    With DD, I didn't have any goals at the start beyond getting through the next feed...at about 3 months when it stopped hurting, I wanted to get to at least 12 months...at 12 months I didn't feel it was time to stop yet and she kept going until a month shy of her 2nd birthday.

With DS, I wanted to feed until at least 2 y/o. We got to nearly 3 y/o until we'd both had enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have a goal with my first. I knew I was breastfed for a long time, I was younger when I had him and not very educated on the whole thing but I saw a lot of breastfeeding. I made it 10 and a half months. I would have been mixed feeding by 6 weeks though. I am still proud that I went so far. He fed through the night and for his first morning feed and just before bed on the boob. With the little miss I am aiming for 2 years so far and we have made it to 8 months almost without a bottle.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    My aim was two years from the beginning. DS turned one two weeks ago and is still feeding. We've had issues, but apart from 2 comps in hospital, he has been breastfed. I'm totally over it but will continue until he is two or self-weans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goal was 6 months... made it to 12 months. Weaned him straight onto cow's milk in a sippy cup as he's never wanted to drink from a bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goal was 12 months. I made it to about 11.5. Although at 12 months she had her last breast feed. I remember it clearly. It was amazing and a great memory

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was uneducated and never even thought about breastfeeding or formula feeding until I woke up after the GA and a midwife got my boob out and whacked my son on! It was my first meeting with my son and while I was still 'off my face' I was pretty happy. He knew what to do (luckily cause I didn't) and we kept going till he was just over 2 years. I had enough by then. I think I had a very lucky experience: no mastitis, never had to use breast pads, easy latching baby, no biting. With this next one I think I will have no expectations and go with the flow again.