+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My goal with DD1 was 3 months *hangs head in uneducated at the time shame*. We made it to 14 months

With DD2 and DS my goal was to make it to a year at least and then go from there...they both fed until they were 18 months old and they self weaned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My goal was 6 months with my ds and I made it to 12 months.

My goal this time around is until my dd weans, but hopefully around 12 months. But she's feeding a lot and I'm finding it quite draining ... and I go back to work in a few weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if I give up before 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DS1 goal was two years... We made it until he self weaned at two years nine months.

With DS2 ideally it's until he self weans, but if he doesn't then I'll encourage it age 3. I'm unsure if DS1 would have weaned if it wasn't for a painful mouth ulcer, so we'll see how we go

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was aiming for 2 years. DS is now a week off 18 months and I am really struggling so might quit soon. I have reached a point where I just find it unpleasant... I am a bit sad about it really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My goal while pregnant was 6 months. DD was born with tongue tie and it was very difficult for us so I adjusted my goal to 3 months. Luckily with a lot of support the issues were solved and she is now 6 months still BF. I am not sure how long I will feed for but hopefully for at least a few more months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My goal was to make it past the first week, made it to 1 year - I still have scars to show for my efforts. Ouch.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Before I ever had children, I wanted to breastfeed for 2 years, then when I had kids I decided self weaning was the way to go, but ended up weaning my two older sons cold turkey one night, I was just 'over' the whole thing, it was kinda getting ridiculous, I'd talked to them a lot about weaning, neither were keen, but by the time I said "No more" they were both over 5 years of age, so I doubt it has harmed them in the least, they were fine with it!

My current nursling is just about to turn 3, I can't see him weaning for a good long while yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 - originally aimed for 12 months then moved it to 18mo but I was pregnant when he self-weaned at almost 14mo.

DS2 - aimed for 2 years, breastfed for 2y4m

Thanks
    Reviews
    Originally wanted to feed 6 months, then 2 years. Have just made it to one year and will probably wean around 17 months after we get back from our holiday we have planned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My original goal was 6 months. The first couple of weeks I could't see myself getting there. Now I've decided that I'm going to aim for 12 months if my body lets me, and then see where to go from there.