+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hunbun I mean just the opposite! Breastfeeding mothers spend the equivalent of half a workday feeding their bubs so when people say its "free", I think they're forgetting that it's a serious time commitment on the mother's behalf.

I'm all for women deciding how they want to spend their time after having their bub. Breast feeding is a very noble, selfless, thankless job! Sorry my post offended you

I simply meant that it used to bug me when people say BFing is "free" because I had to say no to lots of great work offers because I assumed I'd be breast feeding for 6 months (its near impossible to express on the job in my line of work so that wasn't an option).

So back to the topic, I love my job so bottle feeding means I can keep doing it. So that's my positive bottle feeding point

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (02-02-2012),RobinSparkles  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be slightly over emotional being 37 weeks pregnant and reading into things too much I get what you are saying now, although for a few months now DS has had formula bottles for bedtime and my goodness that stuff is expensive and takes a lot of time!
    But I'll leave now so you could actually get back to the original topic! Sorry for derailing the thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    a guess we all have a point bottles provide a choice

a choice to do something else, a choice to take the time to make them either way its what works for us which is what ultimately works for our baby

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma Duck View Post
    I always found breastfeeding to be an enjoyable time to spend with my daughter. I loved that I had an excuse to sit down and do nothing but gaze at her. I miss that now that I am no longer breastfeeding. I never saw it as something that took up my valuable time... it was something that I valued doing. I may just be odd though.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.
    Just want to point out I posted this in the bottle-feeding section so breastfeeding mums would not feel the need to defend their positions. I know people click new posts, but please no debates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Buy lots of bottles (8?) have a time of day you wash and dry, then measure out formula so when you need a bottle, just add water and shake.

I love that my body is all mine and that DH can feed the baby (I got to recover from my csection having full nights sleep because he dealt with the night feeds).

I'm really happy with my choice to FF.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

ohdear  (02-02-2012),risfaerie  (15-02-2012),Savingfishfromdrowning  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    Just want to point out I posted this in the bottle-feeding section so breastfeeding mums would not feel the need to defend their positions. I know people click new posts, but please no debates
    That didn't stop the breastfeeding thread getting slammed by non breastfeeding people last week. To say no bf can post in the bottle feeding section is a double standard.

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    the main benefit for me was that DF could help with the night feeds. We took turns and it seriously saved my sanity!! And plus he loved the extra bonding he got with DD while he was all cuddled up on the sofa with her giving her a bottle. He loved it and I loved watching it.
    The cleaning of the bottles didn't really bother me as you don't have to sterilize. I just washed them in hot soapy water before I did the main washing up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Made in England For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    To say no bf can post in the bottle feeding section is a double standard.
    So is that tit for tat? What about two wrongs don't make a right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Because I found it exhausting to breastfeed.
    Its hard having a baby stuck to your boobs most of the day/night.
    Im embarrassed to feed in public so it meant I barely left the house.
    Expressing is a painful nightmare that takes forever for 50ml. When my baby easily had 100ml plus.
    I don't enjoy it. I don't feel like Im "bonding". I feel like Im a milking cow and I started to resent my baby. ( just a little don't all freak out)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

ohdear  (02-02-2012),Savingfishfromdrowning  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    That didn't stop the breastfeeding thread getting slammed by non breastfeeding people last week. To say no bf can post in the bottle feeding section is a double standard.
    She didn't say 'no breastfeeders'. She said please don't turn it into a breast v bottle debate.

I breastfed my first, but was forced to bottle feed this time.

If I focus only on the positives they would be: I'm less tired than when I breastfed. I can drink guilt free coffee. As much as I like. Oooh, thats been a big plus for me. Guilt free occasional glass of wine. Anyone can feed him. I can see exactly how much he's drunk without expressing.