+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BFP with 3 day embryo transfer and MFI? Pls share your stories

Hi Ladies

I am due to have a 3 day embryo transfer tomorrow and just wanted some success stories for those with MFI?

From what I understand the first 3 days the egg is doing most of the work and after that the sperm continues the fertilisation.

So, my question is, for those of you with MFI (especially due to sperm oxidative damage - DH's fragmentation % were fine but the oxidative damage was 29% and need to be < 20% to be 'normal') how were your success rates on a 3 day transfer.

I am so positive and hopeful but have that slight little niggling fear because it is a 3 day.

Hugs and baby dust to you all

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have MFI but DH hasnt done the SCSA yet so not sure about DNA damage. Out of curiousity, is the oxidative damage test included in the SCSA? I have never heard of that before.

Well we had twice transferred day 3 embies and twice transferred day 5 blasts all BFN. Now in my 2ww with two day 3 embies transferred.

Yes heard that if embies failed to progress beyond day 3, mostly is sperm issue. So far our embies are able to progress to day 5.

A day 3 embie surely can progress to day 5 if it is capable of propagating a pregnancy. Lots of women fall pregnant on day 3 embies. I hope i will be one of them.

Hope that helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

To test the DNA Fragmentation and Oxidative damage they do a Tunnel Assay on the sperm.

Basically the Oxidative damage is the % of damage caused to the sperm from being in the epididymis where they are free to be damaged from pollutants.. This can be caused from not enough ejaculation (as they can sit for up to 2 weeks in the epididymis), from lifestyle and toxins etc etc.

I guess, being our first cycle, it is all a bit of a test, but its the fear of the unkown really... But, from tomorrow I will be a crazy cracker and will be talking to my belly every day I think.. Just to promote positivity to my emby

Thanks
    Reviews
    My gorgeous son was the result of a 3 day transfer (average looking embie) and we have egg AND sperm issues. As I was told beautiful hatching blasts don't guarantee a pregnancy, but they have also seen the rattiest-tattiest 4 cell embies result in a healthy baby.

Good luck

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (01-02-2012),jeb8303  (01-02-2012),Kenta  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 7 transfers all up and all were either 2 or 3 day transfers (3 single and 4 double transfers) and ended up with 4 BFP's. I had 2 chemicals and 1 MC but this pregnancy is the result of a 2 day embie transfer.

We have MFI but ours was a blockage....we were never told if there were any problems with the sperm itself but if you did ICSI wouldn't this have been addressed with only the good/normal sperm chosen? But we had to get sperm via a biopsy!

But anyhow the point is 2 and 3day embies have certainty worked for us!

Goodluck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooz80

I just wanted to drop in and say thank you so much for sharing your story. I am currently in a TWW with an early blasty and morula (this is our second cycle where we slowed down on D4) and I keep hearing about all these A+ blastys, perfect blastys, hatching blastys and it was really getting me down. It is nice to hear that an an average embie resulted in your perfect darling child. It's really risen my spirits. We had our DS3 with us when we spoke to the scientist about our embies and she said he could of been a slow embie too and we just wouldn't know (maybe that is just how Hubby and I work and we will get our BFP ) ..so thanks again