+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 12 mo routine?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if parents of 12 month olds (or thereabouts) could let me know what sort of routine their babies are following? DS had a great routine going till about a month ago, now it's totally all over the place. He starts his day anytime from 4.30-7.30am (although 7.30 is ALWAYS on a day I have to go to work so I'm up at 6 anyway ), goes to bed anytime from 6.30pm-9pm, and somedays has one nap, other days two, naps can last anywhere from 45 minutes (all day) to 3+ hours.

So, what sort of routine does your 12 month old follow. And just out of interest, do they still wake at night? If so, do you still feed at night?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS wakes around 4:30am, and either comes into bed with me for a feed and extra hour sleep or we go for a walk and he goes back to sleep in the pram, so he's up for the day around 5:30-6. Breaky around 6:30, sleep around 11 (usually for around 1 1/4 hours) lunch around 12:30 and bed at 6-6:30pm.

He usually still wakes overnight, but often resettles himself. Sometimes I'll have to feed to resettle around 3am, but I try to pat him first and usually that does the trick.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

duckduckgoose  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You go for a walk at 4.30am???!!! Wow! I'm impressed! I try to settle him for ages, then give up, lie on the couch and try to sleep while DS yells at me and throws toys at my head.

So your DS only has one nap a day? That's interesting. I think DS is definitely heading towards one nap.

Gosh you've come a long way with the nightwaking in 6 months haven't you? I'm so happy for you

thanks for your reply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried settling him at 4:30, but it's so stressful and takes an hour anyway which is why we go for a walk (I have to walk the dog anyway so might aswell do it when DS wakes up) or he's attached to my boob and we both get another hour's sleep.He's been on one day sleep for awhile now - if he has 2 he won't be in bed till 8pm, and still wakes at 4:30 anyway.

Ideally I'd like him to have lunch before his nap, and stretch his nap time out to around 12 (so there isn't such a long stretch to bedtime), but at the moment he can't stay awake past about 11am.

ETA: we have come a long way with the night waking It regresses sometimes, but usually because of teeth or something.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 01-02-2012 at 09:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya,
    My DD is nearly 14 months and this is her routine:
    7:30am - wake up, have bottle. Have a play in our bed then I begrudgingly get out of bed!
    8:30am - weetbix for breakfast and drink of water.
    10am - nap
    11:30am - wake up. Have bottle.
    12:00pm - has lunch. Then we usually go out with friends.
    2pm - nap
    3:30 - wake up. Has afternoon tea - usually a piece of fruit
    6pm - bath
    6:30 - dinner
    6:45 - bottle
    7pm - stories with dad
    7:15 - bed

Lately when I have been putting her to bed, she will talk to herself for ages before falling asleep, but if she's not crying, it doesn't really bother me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you girls fit it around work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 17 months old...but he wakes up at about 8:30, has breakfast, then we/he plays, has a nap at 11:30, wakes up at 1:30-2:00, lunch, playing, snacks, so on and so forth for the day.
    Dinner is at 6:30, a bath at 7:30, then he just plays or we read, or something else quiet until 8:45, and he's (most nights) in bed by 9:00

He's nursed to sleep for all his sleeps. I'm trying to wean him, but without much success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Majestic,

This is a tricky age for routine I think, I am blaming the transition from 2 naps to one. DS is also all over the place at the moment, I feel like he either sleeps too ling during the day or not enough!

He was doing well on two naps and was something like -

6-6.30am wake and Play

7ish breaky

Feed then Nap 9.30 for 1.5-2hrs

Lunch 12.30

Another nap 2.30-3 for 1-1.5 hrs

Feed then Bed 7.30.

He still wakes at night and I still have to give him one feed or I just cannot get him back to bed.

Lately though he has either been playing up at night or waking at 4.30-5am so I think he may be sleeping too much during the day?? I have tried one nap at 11am but he seems to only sleep around 1.5 hrs which leaves me with a bit if a grump late arvo. So.. My current plan is 2 naps if he wakes early, and only one nap if he sleeps in til 7ish. I think I will wake him after 45mins on the days that he has his second sleep.

Sorry for the essay but this has been a problem in this house as well!!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Hi Majestic,

This is a tricky age for routine I think, I am blaming the transition from 2 naps to one. DS is also all over the place at the moment, I feel like he either sleeps too ling during the day or not enough!

He was doing well on two naps and was something like -

6-6.30am wake and Play

7ish breaky

Feed then Nap 9.30 for 1.5-2hrs

Lunch 12.30

Another nap 2.30-3 for 1-1.5 hrs

Feed then Bed 7.30.

He still wakes at night and I still have to give him one feed or I just cannot get him back to bed.

Lately though he has either been playing up at night or waking at 4.30-5am so I think he may be sleeping too much during the day?? I have tried one nap at 11am but he seems to only sleep around 1.5 hrs which leaves me with a bit if a grump late arvo. So.. My current plan is 2 naps if he wakes early, and only one nap if he sleeps in til 7ish. I think I will wake him after 45mins on the days that he has his second sleep.

Sorry for the essay but this has been a problem in this house as well!!

xx
    KK exactly the same situation here. Like, exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    KK exactly the same situation here. Like, exactly!
    maybe our boys are PM'ing each other!