View Poll Results: Did gender swaying work for you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • We gender swayed and it worked for a girl.

10 50.00%
  • We gender swayed and it didn't work for a girl.

4 20.00%
  • We gender swayed and it worked for a boy.

3 15.00%
  • We gender swayed and it didn't work for a boy.

3 15.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    but, i was really over weight and ate crap all the time when i conceived the boys!

eeeeep. so much effort. i wonder if... i swayed super duper hard and then got another boy if my emotions over that would be worse for me, because i tried so so hard? or would i know for sure then another boy was meant to be?

That is how I look at it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kobi'smama View Post
    We loosely swayed pink - I took, calcium, magnesium & cranberry supplements for 3 months prior & charted my O using maybe baby.
    First month not using protection & DTD 3 times at the start of O.
    Fell pregnant that month & just found out we have our baby girl!
    It may just be luck but either way we are over the moon!

Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Ok I didn't sway... but I posted a link to diet a long time ago on here about girls being conceived in times or famine and boys being conceived in times of plenty. The poll I did on here didn't show it was correct, but the scientific article they had written made sense haha and I think people might have personal differences on what they consider "famine" and "plenty" diets.

SO... with DD1 I was starving myself. I hardly ate, exercised a lot etc and was thin. I didn't drink coffee and it was all about salads and low fat, no sugar everything. DD2 again, a few months before we conceived her I decided to lose my baby weight and started going to the gym, dieting, still didn't drink coffee... fell pregnant!

THIS time... For a year I have been gaining weight. Then I ended up binging for two months, as I had set DD2's 2nd birthday to start a diet and stop TTC, which just worked against me, in making me binge eat up until then! So it was full fat foods, eating out, loads of red meat which I never eat usually, and loads of coffee. Honestly it is the worst I have ever eaten. Ate like crazy! Then the day I join a weight loss place and buy shakes to kickstart my diet, I test the next morning and I am pregnant again.... with my boy!

So anyway, I can't shake the feeling that maybe it worked for me lol.

oh another thing that I read was that men who are more "in charge" in the relationship are likely to have boys, or they are the breadwinner or somehow see themselves as very manly. Men who have a very powerful wife (personality wise is dominant), or the wife calls the shots or is the bread winner etc are more likely to have girls. Worked in DH's and my family !!(we are all girls, DH's has 4 boys first).
    Congrats!!

I was dieting and skinny with my girls too. This time I have gained 15kilos over 12 months... we will see

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    This was me to a tee. No cigar.
    Same. Time will tell if I get my daughter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    so kobi's mum you DTD right on ovulation?

hmm

everyones story is different!
    I used the maybe baby o tester so I DTD as soon as the 'ferns' started to show on the viewing panel, I think every second day. Once it was in full bloom we stopped.
    I know there are so many different methods etc it's very confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We gender swayed for a girl and it worked, dtd up to 3 days before O then stopped. First month didn't fall pregnant second month we did. I didn't really know anything about gender swaying when I conceived our two boys but know we dtd right on O.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Same. Time will tell if I get my daughter
    I hope you get your girl! Sending you all of my pink dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    I hope you get your girl! Sending you all of my pink dust
    Thanks Hokey Right back at you with all my boy dust

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! Gender swayed for a boy and this bub is a girl!

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub