+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    wowzers.

i believe its a combined thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't take savingfishfromdrowning post as condescending maybe i should read it again, the main thing i took from it was this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    IMHO there is no right or wrong or better or worse way to do things, just different, different kids, different circumstances, different parents. We're all just doing our best!!
    Why do so many parents have to compete about everything.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibranTwin For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning  (01-02-2012),Witwicky  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Wow, are you serious.
    My kids were not big nappers - i could have stayed home all day working on getting them to nap but then i would have been a wreck. They often slept better when out and about and you know what's a really great mood improver....being out and not letting 'nap time' define your whole day. I don't 'drag them around' they enjoy being out of the house. They don't have any behavioral issues either
    The suggestion that not staying home for naps makes you uneducated, inexperienced or lazy is just insulting and quite frankly bs.
    Agree. I find being out and about improves both mine and DD moods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BubHub moment: being told I'm uneducated, inexperienced and a lazy parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    BubHub moment: being told I'm uneducated, inexperienced and a lazy parent.
    LOL I exposed her to heavy metal, very loud, on day 5. Not only that, but I took her to the airport and supermarket upon release from hospital. Bad mama!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    LOL I exposed her to heavy metal, very loud, on day 5. Not only that, but I took her to the airport and supermarket upon release from hospital. Bad mama!
    Good lord, someone call child safety, stat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I was out the day after having my first and went straight to Westfield. Both my bubs have been well behaved and content. Still, as toddlers, they are great but they won't go to sleep just anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dh and I were very ready for any changes having kids was going to have on our lives but as it turned out kids fit into our lives perfectly, hard to imagine what life was like without them now

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the whole thread but when we had our twins we compromised. We still went out for lunch and dinner but went earlier, or picked more kid friendly places. The twins were 2 weeks old when they went on their first 1200km roadtrip just to get home from the hospital, 3 weeks old when they watched their Dad for the first time compete in a motorbike race and we took them camping at a remote cattle station when they were 8 weeks old and we drove across Australia (8000km) when they were 6 months old.
    They were far from easy babies, both had servere reflux and are still shocking sleepers but we have run by the theory that we can be tired with non-sleeping grizzling babies at home or we can go out and be tired with non-sleeping babies. Generally the extra stimulation, the fresh air in the pram or the extra set of hands with friends was a blessing in disguise, the babies were happier so it made things easier. I also did have a strict routine when my babies were little, and would stick to it when we were out but would deviate it by letting them sleep whereever

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm a lucky mum in that my son pretty much fits in with us as well. A few people thought we were nuts the other week for taking him (15months) to a movie night in the local vineyard. We got there an hour or so before the movie was due to start ... let him run around a bit, gave him some of our food to nibble on (he'd had dinner before we went) then heated his milk ... he was sound asleep as the movie was starting. stayed asleep for the whole movie too, transferred into the car asleep and ultimately into his bed without any fuss or bother.

I'm very lucky!