+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our son fit in and adapted to our lifestyle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nothing changed....she very much fits into our lifestyle..nothing has changed..well maybe more afternoon sessions with bands rather then night time!!
    She is a very easy little person...THANK GOD!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fall into the life turned upside down basket case.

My eldest had terrible reflux and projectile vomited on everything in sight for the first 12 mths. She could hit the wall from the sofa! And she screamed incessantly. I was ostracised at mums group as the only person who's baby did this. She screamed through the 'new parents' info sessions and I had to leave as she was disruptive. We couldn't eat out because the vomiting and crying was too embarrassing and friends wouldn't visit because they didn't know how to handle all the crying either. I wouldn't visit friends because her projectile vomitng was so messy I was afraid she'd ruin their furniture and floors. I'd use cloths and bibs but she'd usually miss them, and well, I've never been hugely coordinated.

I had about 3-4 hrs sleep a night til she was 2 and felt like a living zombie.

My life could not have suddenly become more different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We changed a lot to fit into DS schedule. It was very important to us that he slept well through the night so that we would get enough rest too. Now that he's a bit older his routine is very flexible so we don't miss out on much like we did in the earlier days.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For the first 6 months with no.1 it took us a while to find our feet. After that, the kids have fit in with us including no.2 who did from birth. Our routine is pretty flexible and transportable. In many ways I think it depends on your attitude. My sister is less flexible and gets very stressed if she is not at home at nap time/bed time because she claims the kids don't sleep. However when I have looked after them, I am a lot less rigid and don't get stressed if things happen at different times or maybe not at all. The kids are fine and do sleep. I think they feed off her mood when she gets stressed, not vice versa.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 01-02-2012 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    I fall into the life turned upside down basket case.

My eldest had terrible reflux and projectile vomited on everything in sight for the first 12 mths. She could hit the wall from the sofa! And she screamed incessantly. I was ostracised at mums group as the only person who's baby did this. She screamed through the 'new parents' info sessions and I had to leave as she was disruptive. We couldn't eat out because the vomiting and crying was too embarrassing and friends wouldn't visit because they didn't know how to handle all the crying either. I wouldn't visit friends because her projectile vomitng was so messy I was afraid she'd ruin their furniture and floors. I'd use cloths and bibs but she'd usually miss them, and well, I've never been hugely coordinated.

I had about 3-4 hrs sleep a night til she was 2 and felt like a living zombie.

My life could not have suddenly become more different.

DH assured me we were in the majority when we had to stop doing some things because DS is so active and refuses to sit quietly. Looks like we might be in the minority

7. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm the same as you OP! I now refuse to go shopping with dd because it's just not worth the stress!
    I was blessed with a bub who hates the pram, the trolley, her carseat and won't sleep anywhere other than a bed
    Its only gotten this way since she started walking though. And I understand she just wants to be walking around and exploring! That's why I choose to not take her shopping because I spend half my time running after her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it also depends on what you lifestyle was like before baby, we used to go out a lot (out out) and we definitely didn't continu with that But when DS was born, he was a really easy baby, never cried and was happy to sit in his pram. He has been to both europe and thailand twice in his 19 months of life!
    Everything changed when he started to walk and then run, now I stay far away from restaurants and other places with easily breakable stuff He has turned into a tornado and our dinners out look the same as OPs.. I'm heavily pregnant at the moment and dont even want to take him to the local park, cause he is just fearless and will climb/jump everything but always ends up hurting himself and I just cant keep up with him with this massive belly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post

DH assured me we were in the majority when we had to stop doing some things because DS is so active and refuses to sit quietly. Looks like we might be in the minority
    I don't think it's that uncommon - it's just more people who had babies fit into their lives answered (a bubhub thread is hardly reflective of the public at huge).
    Now that i have two toddlers i'd had to stop doing things as both of them don't want to be still and it can be an absolute nightmare.
    I have friends who won't go out at certain times of the day because it disrupts nap time etc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post

Don't worry, you really are in the majority! Every parent I know, has made changes in their life to accomodate their kids! And I think it's completely normal, babies justdon't have the same interests as us

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunbun For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (01-02-2012)