+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I think it's a nice aspiration that a bub will fit in with your pre-existing lifestyle, but the emphasis on the comment 'baby will fit in with our lifestyle' for me is on the 'WILL'. How do you know they will, what if they won't? How do you know you will keep doing the things you loved doing pre-baby. Just exposing a bub to all the things you did (and want to continue to do) in your pre-baby lifestyle does not guarentee they will grow up to behave appropriately in those situations.

I think it comes down to the baby (not so much what the parent has or has not done) and for a parent to say their baby 'WILL' fit into their lifestyle is a little foolish, because babies are who they are - we can't control how their personality will develop as they grow.
    How is it foolish when your friday nights previously consisted of being home with other people's children, or doing child-friendly activities? Games nights at home because kids were in no mood to be taken out. Being flexible to the needs of kids. How is it foolish to think life would go on the same way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    How is it foolish when your friday nights previously consisted of being home with other people's children, or doing child-friendly activities? Games nights at home because kids were in no mood to be taken out. Being flexible to the needs of kids. How is it foolish to think life would go on the same way?
    I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just saying, that no matter what your lifestyle, you can't say definatively a baby WILL fit into it. In your situation you already had a pretty child-friendly lifestyle, so there is more chance a baby will fit into it, but there is also the chance they will not. I'm probably thinking more lifestyles that are geared towards the interests of adults.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just saying, that no matter what your lifestyle, you can't say definatively a baby WILL fit into it. In your situation you already had a pretty child-friendly lifestyle, so there is more chance a baby will fit into it, but there is also the chance they will not. I'm probably thinking more lifestyles that are geared towards the interests of adults.
    Yes you can, they just do! But those that think they don't, well perhaps you weren't ready to be a parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Yes you can, they just do! But those that think they don't, well perhaps you weren't ready to be a parent.
    That's a bit harsh isn't it?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Leeee  (02-02-2012),MissMuppet  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    That's a bit harsh isn't it?
    No harsher than to tell people it's sad if their lifestyle didn't change, or that their lifestyle cannot have remained unchanged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess so, but i don't think whether your life does or doesn't change mean you weren't ready to be parents, that's a bit rough IMHO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess so, but i don't think whether your life does or doesn't change mean you weren't ready to be parents, that's a bit rough IMHO.
    Yes probably, but I find it offensive to be told it was sad that my kife remained the same, or for people to make out that I have forced anything onto my child, or there is something intrinsically wrong with having a baby fit in with life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes probably, but I find it offensive to be told it was sad that my kife remained the same, or for people to make out that I have forced anything onto my child, or there is something intrinsically wrong with having a baby fit in with life.
    Fair call, I never thought of it as something to judge parents by, whatever works I say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No harsher than to tell people it's sad if their lifestyle didn't change, or that their lifestyle cannot have remained unchanged.
    Thankyou. This this is what annoyed me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fair call, I never thought of it as something to judge parents by, whatever works I say.
    Neither did I but there you have it