+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Super cute!

I was reading Elizabeth Pantley's book last week (the No Cry Sleep Solution), she suggests a sibling bed as as alternative to a family bed. These two little buddies sound like perfect candidates for something like that.

On the other hand, what will you do when the older one is a teenager, and wants some privacy and someone has to explain to the little fella that he has to move out?

If it was me, I think I'd get them to share, but after a few years go by, I'd start casually mentioning to the little one that big boys have their own room and get him a bit excited about moving back out again. The ideal scenario is that the little one moves back to his own room of his own accord before the older one wants his space back.

Keep us updated, I'd love to know what you end up doing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cdro For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Aww how cute, i think a shared room is a great idea.

My girls share a room (due to no other choice) and it's worked out really well. DD1 always says she likes having DD2 'sleep over'. It's nice only having one room to clean also

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    definitely, i think it should stop once the bigger one enters puberty! no doubt there will come a time when they fight and the bigger ones has a friend over and wants to kick the little one out. but atm the boys only go into their rooms for bed time. they like to play in the lounge room (or once we have a toy room, in there) so i think it should be fine for a few years!

im quite excited gonna save my pennies to set them up with a nice mario themed room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I shared a room with my brother when he moved out of his cot (around 1yrs) as we lived in a 2bed flat. I was 6 at the time.
    We moved into a 3bed house when I was 8 and he was 3. We were in our own rooms for a few months until he moved back into my room until we moved house again. We shared on and off over the next two years until my sister was born.
    My sister arrived when I was 10 and brother was 5. My sister and 1 shared a room from when she moved out of her cot at 6 months until I moved out at home at 18, so 8 years. It was a bit annoying at sometimes but going through puberty sharing with a sister 10 years my juniour wasn't really a problem it was more her messing my room up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think sharing a bedroom is that way to go. Thats how i've got my boys rooms set up. They've got their beds and clothes in one room and the other is set up as a toy room.
    As others have said it works out well as you only end up with one pigsty of a room to clean. I don't think my boys have ever actually set foot in their bedroom so it remains clean all the time. The toy room is a different story though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I think sharing a bedroom is that way to go. Thats how i've got my boys rooms set up. They've got their beds and clothes in one room and the other is set up as a toy room.
    As others have said it works out well as you only end up with one pigsty of a room to clean. I don't think my boys have ever actually set foot in their bedroom so it remains clean all the time. The toy room is a different story though.
    This is exactly the same as our house.Except we converted garage into playroom (its just off kitchen)
    Their bedroom has no toys at all.and it WOULD stay clean if they bloody stopped leaving clothes everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 5 kids. The two little girls share (5 and 2) and my 10 year old and 7 year old share. 12 yo is on his own. Works out fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shared a room with my brother until I was 9 and he was 12, which is when our little bro came along. We had the 2 of us and our parents in a 6brm house so had no need to share, and I was devastated when my brother 'moved out' to a downstairs room. My little brother was in with our parents until 6 so I felt very alone. There is no reason not to let them if they are happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My four oldest kids share. Ages 5, 3,3, and 2. With 4 beds in there there isn't room for any other crap so it is for sleeping only. Then we have a playroom for all the toys etc.
    The kids love it, they say they never want to sleep alone <3