+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Coomera Club House - any reviews?

Looking for reviews on Coomera Club House childcare at:

Coomera Springs Blvd Upper Coomera QLD 4209, Australia
    (07) 5665 6111

The place looks pretty clean and nice when I visited and I got a spot there for my baby boy (8 months). Wondering if anyone has got any experience with putting their kids there and could share with me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi del,

Did you end up going with Coomera Club House?

I've done a tour, the place looks lovely and has a nice feel about it. I am on the wait list at the moment but just wanted some personal feedback?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TIA,

Well, no.. I changed my mind.

Everything was great until the day I went back to submit the enrolment form. Coomera Clubhouse was my first choice. Nice and clean and I love the sparkly stars in the cot room (which they probably have told you about!).

My husband hasn't seen the place so I thought I bring him along with me just to make sure he liked it too and that second visit, we both didn't get a good feel of it. (I had already filled up the forms, and got the deposits ready, just short of submitting it!)

Well, we arrived at the centre at about 3pm, there was no one at the reception. One of the staff was photocopying something and she went to get someone from the rooms, for us. She said that that's "the person in-charged of allocating places and would be best to speak with us".

Sure enough, someone came and first thing she asked was the "age of my son" and I told him "8 months and the story of me starting work".

Well, first thing she said was "there is no vacancies at the moment" and kinda like want to brush us off. I had to ask if I could see the place anyway and she wasn't really keen to show us around. I think she was too busy.

I didn't tell her that I already got a spot to start the week after.

Anyway, she obliged and took us to the room for a tour.

We went into the room and there were a few babies and 1 staff feeding 2 of the babies at the table and a 4 month old baby was left lying down behind the staff on a playmat with another crawling baby, crawling v closely around her.

I thought there should be 2 staff in the room or at least someone else watching the younger baby, while the other staff do the feeding?

Well, didn't want my son to be crawled over by some babies on a playmat and wasn't pleased about the general feel of lack of manpower, that day.

The lady that came out to show us around, is a teacher in the other infants room. So, if she was out with us, then I wondered who else was looking after the babies in her room?

And she kept mentioning that there's no vacancies throughout the "tour" so, I supposed they are too popular and too crowded and wouldn't miss not having my son there.

Finally, I was a bit ****ed that she kept telling us there's no vacancies so I finally told her that my son is due to start the week after. Then, she was surprised and went to check the computer as if I was lying to her.

My first visit there was totally awesome! Loved everything but the second visit just changed my mind 180 degree. So, that afternoon, I started researching a few other childcare centres. My son is at Bonnybabes now.

Did they say when they will have vacancies for you?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    Hi del,

Did you end up going with Coomera Club House?

I've done a tour, the place looks lovely and has a nice feel about it. I am on the wait list at the moment but just wanted some personal feedback?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi S,

We almost put our son in there, we got the good vibe too and the centre itself is gorgeous.

I'm not going back to work though and we've decided he can do 2 days a week at one in Mudgeeraba that's affiliated with his school once he's 3.

All the best with returning to work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks del.

They didn't really indicate a timeframe but I'm trying to get two days for both boys so I don't expect it to be a fast process.

Thanks Blissed. I do the Brissie commute so looking for something Nth Gold Coast / South Brisbane. I've heard good things about Mudgeeraba though.

Oh the dilemma!
    Last edited by 2Bboys; 21-08-2012 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, which Bonnybabes? and what do u not like about it?

I am very particular about cleanliness and Bonnybabes is not great for that but my boy like the teachers there I think and they seem nice (most of them).

Thanks del.

They didn't really indicate a timeframe but I'm trying to get two days for both boys so I don't expect it to be a fast process.

I actually have my eldest at Bonny Babes already! Haven't loved it to be honest do I'm just looking for other options.

Thanks Blissed. I do the Brissie commute so looking for something Nth Gold Coast / South Brisbane. I've heard good things about Mudgeeraba though.

Oh the dilemma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by 2Bboys; 21-08-2012 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good afternoon Del,

One of our Educators brought your review to our attention. I understand that it was posted some time ago but I did not want to leave it and not reply.

Firstly can I say that I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one on your second visit to Coomera Clubhouse.

We pride ourselves on our professional, nurturing educators and our clean facilities. We have been told by more than one person that our nurseries are some of the best on the Gold Coast.

Secondly, can I say that Regulations set out by the State and Federal Governments state that the ratio is one staff per four children in our nurseries. On the day of your visit a second staff member was outside with the rest of the children. At all times we have two staff members in our nursery and these busy times (feeding, changing nappies etc) are always very well managed by our team. Please note that staff are permitted to leave the room for up to ten minutes to attend to dishes, collect meals or go to the toilet etc., without the need to be replaced.

Our Possums nursery is for infants under the age of 12 months and all children are at similar stages of development.

Lastly, you were informed that the nursery had no vacanies at the time as your child was booked into our system- showing us that the room was full. If our Educator knew that you had already been enrolled it would have been a different case. We feel that this was a miscommunication which is a very big shame.

We hope that your son is now happy and settled in his day care and we wish you all the best.

Kind regards

Chloe-Coomera Clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post
    Hi TIA,

Well, no.. I changed my mind.

Everything was great until the day I went back to submit the enrolment form. Coomera Clubhouse was my first choice. Nice and clean and I love the sparkly stars in the cot room (which they probably have told you about!).

My husband hasn't seen the place so I thought I bring him along with me just to make sure he liked it too and that second visit, we both didn't get a good feel of it. (I had already filled up the forms, and got the deposits ready, just short of submitting it!)

Well, we arrived at the centre at about 3pm, there was no one at the reception. One of the staff was photocopying something and she went to get someone from the rooms, for us. She said that that's "the person in-charged of allocating places and would be best to speak with us".

Sure enough, someone came and first thing she asked was the "age of my son" and I told him "8 months and the story of me starting work".

Well, first thing she said was "there is no vacancies at the moment" and kinda like want to brush us off. I had to ask if I could see the place anyway and she wasn't really keen to show us around. I think she was too busy.

I didn't tell her that I already got a spot to start the week after.

Anyway, she obliged and took us to the room for a tour.

We went into the room and there were a few babies and 1 staff feeding 2 of the babies at the table and a 4 month old baby was left lying down behind the staff on a playmat with another crawling baby, crawling v closely around her.

I thought there should be 2 staff in the room or at least someone else watching the younger baby, while the other staff do the feeding?

Well, didn't want my son to be crawled over by some babies on a playmat and wasn't pleased about the general feel of lack of manpower, that day.

The lady that came out to show us around, is a teacher in the other infants room. So, if she was out with us, then I wondered who else was looking after the babies in her room?

And she kept mentioning that there's no vacancies throughout the "tour" so, I supposed they are too popular and too crowded and wouldn't miss not having my son there.

Finally, I was a bit ****ed that she kept telling us there's no vacancies so I finally told her that my son is due to start the week after. Then, she was surprised and went to check the computer as if I was lying to her.

My first visit there was totally awesome! Loved everything but the second visit just changed my mind 180 degree. So, that afternoon, I started researching a few other childcare centres. My son is at Bonnybabes now.

Did they say when they will have vacancies for you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coomera Club House - any reviews?

Chloe - great of you to reply.

May I ask how your wait list is looking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chloe - great of you to reply.

May I ask how your wait list is looking?
    Good morning,

Our nursery has been consistently full all year- January should open up a lot of spots though.

How old is your child?

Feel free to email me on chloe@coomeraclubhouse.com.au if you prefer.

Regards

Chloe