+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 12 week scan... And beyond

I'm a week away from my 12 week scan and I can't wait! Can wait to see how bubs has developed... Can't wait to see that hopefully everything is ok... Can't wait for the end of the first trimester - bring on some 2nd tri energy... Can't wait to go shopping for bubs gear... Can't wait to tell everyone so it's just out there and I don't have to feel like a secret squirrel anymore!

Who's with me!?

What are some thing's to think about getting done in the 2nd tri? I thought about booking into child care as I'm told the earlier the better... What else should get done before running outta steam in the 3rd tri?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get your nursery and all baby's stuff organised including buying stroller, car seat, furniture (and assembling it), clothes, sheets, nappies etc etc! I did all of that in my 2nd tri and boy am I glad that I did because now at 34 weeks, I have very little energy.

Enjoy your 12 week scan! It was the most amazing day for me and my DH

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

Bibio  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in my third trimester and I still haven't planned anything!
    Thankfully I'm not out of steam nor have I hit nesting stage so I'm not too worried. I know everything I want now and over the next month I'll do all my shopping and set up the nursery.

Personally, because this is my first baby all I did was research. I researched how I wanted to raise our baby, what products / brands I wanted to raise them on and everything that I needed (both essential and non-essential). I also spent a lot of time working out exactly what I wanted. eg. For the pram I wanted something that collapsed effectively and didn't take up much boot space so I have plenty of room for groceries etc. I also wanted something that I could collapse with one hand in the event that the car was too hot for me to put baby into right away and I needed to wait for the aircon to cool it down. I also wanted wheels that wouldn't wear out quickly and could handle the outdoors as we spend a lot of time out and about.

I purchase a carton of nappies every week and a 3 pack of wipes every month from when I first found out I was pregnant until. I would rather put aside $50 a week now than be forking it all out when the baby actually arrives.

Look at booking yourself into your hospital along with booking your OB and midwife if you want one. I went to the bookshop in my first few weeks to buy a few books, one I really liked was Your Pregnancy Bible, it explained everything to do with the growth of your baby on a week by week basis, what effects you might be feeling and what you should be doing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaisyVB For This Useful Post:

Bibio  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks FutureMa and DaisyVB - all great tips. Ive been so focused on getting to 12 weeks that I feel a bit clueless for stage 2

I do like to research the heck out of anything also, so you guys have given me some great starting tips, thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my 12week scan next week too. Can't wait to find out if everything is ok as I just don't feel very pregnant. hardly any symptoms at all and have had the occasional spotting so just hoping all will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by je11ybean View Post
    I have my 12week scan next week too. Can't wait to find out if everything is ok as I just don't feel very pregnant. hardly any symptoms at all and have had the occasional spotting so just hoping all will be fine.
    Heh I'm exactly the same! Barely any symptoms, not that I'm complaining. All the best for your scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just letting you all know that I miscarried yesterday. I was due to have my scan on Tuesday but started bleeding heavily friday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry jellybean, hugs to you xxxoo