Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Child support really is about the kids, too many people get away with not paying and it's not fair. How can any father/mother abandon their own flesh and blood by refusing to pay and take responsibility of their kids. Do people just not care about their own kids? This is so sad.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prof Plum For This Useful Post:

delirium  (31-01-2012),Gandalf  (31-01-2012),SassyMummy  (31-01-2012),trishalishous  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    I absolutely get your point, I do.

But surely if visitation changes because the payer moves so far away that they payee can't see the child any more, he should not be penalized?

The payee has chosen to move interstate and take the. Hold Way so why should she also gain financially from that?
    How is he penalised? If he has them a certain amount of nights, it reduces because he directly pays for their care. He no longer sees them, he no longer directly pays for their care, they add that onto cs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

But surely if visitation changes because the payer moves so far away that they payee can't see the child any more, he should not be penalized?

The payee has chosen to move interstate and take the. Hold Way so why should she also gain financially from that?
    She's not gaining financially as the father has less care, meaning her costs increase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But that's her choice.

He has no choice.

(sorry, just to clarify, I was responding to t800 & share a book)
    Last edited by Fox in Sox; 31-01-2012 at 20:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Simple:

Make the CSA debt a debt to the ATO and the ATO/Clink pay the CS amount to the custodial parent regardless of whether or not the other parent pays

Then the debt is to the ATO who have greater powers than CSA anyhow

Then the ATO can chase the debt, garnishee wages and legally seize property and the child(ren) are/is care for in the way they ought be

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),Fox in Sox  (31-01-2012),Gandalf  (31-01-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (01-02-2012),MissMuppet  (31-01-2012),T 800  (31-01-2012),trishalishous  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Firstly I want to say, I feel terrible for fathers whose ex's move their kids a long way away. It must be heart retching and I mean that genuinely.

The issue though, is that CS is for the *child*. As a mum yourself you know kids are expensive and when CS reduces it's the child that misses out on ballet and football lessons, another set of school uniforms etc. In this case the father has the ability to fight her moving the child away (I'm pretty sure? lol) and that should be the course of action. Take her to court. Don't stop paying CS to get at the mother... and that last comment was not directed at you but generally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Simple:

Make the CSA debt a debt to the ATO and the ATO/Clink pay the CS amount to the custodial parent regardless of whether or not the other parent pays

Then the ATO can chase the debt, garnishee wages and legally seize property and the child(ren) are/is care for in the way they ought be
    I like this idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    But that's her choice.

He has no choice.
    He can take action to bring them back if she breaches the court order and affects the relationship. In any case, visitation and child support are separate things. Fact.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Firstly I want to say, I feel terrible for fathers whose ex's move their kids a long way away. It must be heart retching and I mean that genuinely.

The issue though, is that CS is for the *child*. As a mum yourself you know kids are expensive and when CS reduces it's the child that misses out on ballet and football lessons, another set of school uniforms etc. In this case the father has the ability to fight her moving the child away (I'm pretty sure? lol) and that should be the course of action. Take her to court. Don't stop paying CS to get at the mother... and that last comment was not directed at you but generally
    You're right, it's awful, and seeing my husband go through that was terrible

I agree with what you'd saying but the costs involved fighting it legally are prohibitive. There is not an easy answer for us here.

And I know that you weren't directing that to me, but I just want to clarify in case anyone has misunderstood my comments that we have always paid as directed by CSA, have never been late in a payment (even when it's meant we've gone without things), and nor would I ever do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Simple:

Yes!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast