Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I think someone on bubhub suggested in the past that CSA should pay the child support amount to the custodial parent out of government funds, and then chase the paying parent for the money as a debt to the government, not as a debt to the custodial parent. I think this is a brilliant idea for a few reasons:

1. children will not suffer just because they happen to be unlucky enough to have a deadbeat dad.

2. You can be damned sure the government will start pulling out all the stops to chase non-payers once the debt is owed to them (for example, for arrears over $5,000 they would obtain a judgment and then issue a bankruptcy notice. For those who are running businesses, in high flying jobs or have significant assets, the threat of bankruptcy will make them pay quick smart).

3. The wrath of taxpayers *****ing about "my taxes" supporting kids of single parents will finally be directed at the non-paying deadbeat dad, rather than the struggling single mum who is doing her best to provide for her kids.

Brilliant.
    Yeah that is a great idea!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),meljemillie  (31-01-2012),tatia&shura  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    [text deleted by moderator]

I've never had to deal with CSA, but I agree that there needs to be harsher penalties for those who don't pay. If they help make a child, they should help support the child. It seems all too easy to get out of and that really should be addressed by the Govt.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 31-01-2012 at 19:48. Reason: personal

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    There needs to be a shift in mentality from 'I won't pay because I don't get to see my child enough' to 'I will pay because this is my child I am responsible for' then the job of the csa would be a lot easier.
    Yep, I agree. This will be my only post as it's not my section, but people really need to think about the child involved here.

My DH doesn't see his daughter anymore but still pays CS, about three times the amount your DH pays monthly per week. We struggle financially but so what? It's not like the CS he pays is taking anything away from our son? and besides, as DH says, CS is there to hold parents accountable for their kids. Whether you see them or not or get along with the ex has absolutely zilch to do with it.
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 31-01-2012 at 20:41. Reason: personal

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),delirium  (31-01-2012),Gandalf  (31-01-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (31-01-2012),Lemmings  (31-01-2012),naebie  (31-01-2012),singlemumma82  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Yep, I agree. This will be my only post as it's not my section, but LMF you really need to think about the child involved here.

My DH doesn't see his daughter anymore but still pays CS, about three times the amount your DH pays monthly per week. We struggle financially but so what? It's not like the CS he pays is taking anything away from our son? and besides, as DH says, CS is there to hold parents accountable for their kids. Whether you see them or not or get along with the ex has absolutely zilch to do with it.
    It's ok, this is in a general parenting area

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I don't agree with a base rate. That would end up penalising paying parents who have low paying jobs, plus penalising custodial parents who are in welfare with ex partners with high paying jobs.
    This. How is it fair that a child who's father earns 150k a year going on overseas holidays and buying the 'new' kids all the mod cons get $50 a week? Sorry but that's ridiculous.

and I question a so called father that is on a really good wage, that would actually be happy with a pitiful amount like that for his flesh and blood? If I was a non custodial parent earning a packet I would probably be giving the other parent *extra* on top of the set amount so that OUR child doesn't want for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    There are enough fees and taxes.

More power to the CSA to make deadbeats pay the correct amount. That's all that is needed.
    Totally. can't abide anyone that tries to make excuses for dead beat dads. It's off.

[text deleted by moderator]
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 31-01-2012 at 19:48. Reason: personal

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),naebie  (31-01-2012),Stiflers Mom  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    Yep, I agree. This will be my only post as it's not my section, but LMF you really need to think about the child involved here. My DH doesn't see his daughter anymore but still pays CS, about three times the amount your DH pays monthly per week. We struggle financially but so what? It's not like the CS he pays is taking anything away from our son? and besides, as DH says, CS is there to hold parents accountable for their kids. Whether you see them or not or get along with the ex has absolutely zilch to do with it.
    Wow a woman that has married a man who already has kids that doesn't begrudge him paying CS What a breath of fresh air!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),Lemmings  (31-01-2012),OneNowOneLater  (31-01-2012),Pinkzy  (31-01-2012),sunnyflower  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another thing that would help is compulsory tax returns. Even automate it like they do in NZ. The tax dept already get your income details from your employer unless self employed. More audits on the self employed maybe?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),delirium  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harsher penalties for men that refuse to pay or do dodgy things to get out of paying child support.

These men and women do it because they get away with it. Personally I am owed about 16000 currently. Am not holding my breath.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (31-01-2012),delirium  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I think someone on bubhub suggested in the past that CSA should pay the child support amount to the custodial parent out of government funds, and then chase the paying parent for the money as a debt to the government, not as a debt to the custodial parent. I think this is a brilliant idea for a few reasons:1. children will not suffer just because they happen to be unlucky enough to have a deadbeat dad.2. You can be damned sure the government will start pulling out all the stops to chase non-payers once the debt is owed to them (for example, for arrears over $5,000 they would obtain a judgment and then issue a bankruptcy notice. For those who are running businesses, in high flying jobs or have significant assets, the threat of bankruptcy will make them pay quick smart). Just look at how the tax office goes after people, and people who have centrelink debts...3. The wrath of taxpayers *****ing about "my taxes" supporting kids of single parents will finally be directed at the non-paying deadbeat dad, rather than the struggling single mum who is doing her best to provide for her kids.Brilliant.
    Great idea!!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    this thread can stay open - for now - as child support is a major social issue that needs ideas, discussion and exploration by all interested parties.

HOWEVER

It is NOT ok to attack another member. No matter what.

Further personal attacks will result in infractions.

Thank you