Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just looked at my last assessment. I must say, I'm having a good laugh! My DS is a "child under 13 years old" so costs me (apparantly) $3,211 per annum.

HAAAAHAHAHAHA

He probably eats more than that alone! OSHC? New shoes? Haircuts? Clothes? Ridiculously expensive uniform and the dozens of lost hats? School fees? Utilities?

This is hilarious.

I receive $24 per week and that's after years of receiving either nothing or ridiculously small amounts like $7 per week or some such offensive nonsense.

$24... wow, all that money! The poor man must be broke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Sometimes I spin out at how bitter the new wives feel about the men paying child support. I wouldn't even look at a man if he had issues supporting his previous children.
    I'm perplexed by it. If you know your potential partner has kids to a previous relationship and you don't want to share him or his money, don't be with him. I would also run a mile from a man that shirked responsibility of his child - not only would it go against my morals but I would be thinking if we had kids, then broke up, I would end up the money hungry cow and our kids not seeing CS.

Hypothetically I had partnered a man with kids I would be furious if he didn't support them, not making excuses for him and demonising her.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

DaughteroftheForest  (01-02-2012),share a book  (01-02-2012),trishalishous  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    Is that because her income dropped? Just curious?
    Yep. She left her work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine says the same!

But they can not seem to get the care arrangements right even though we agree on the care.

At the moment it is written that one child is with me 100% of the time and one with my ex 100% of the time. The keep spelling my child's name wrong. When I said something they said that it did not matter . I get huge envelopes with about 20 page of assessments all saying a different thing. So I have no idea what it is meant to be. I have just given up now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think you're missing the point though. No sometimes it doesn't cost 2k a month for the essentials. But I'm sure a man on 150k a year that has more children to a new wife is giving those kids more than $10 runners and a $50 second hand bed. Surely all his kids, not just the new ones deserve a better standard of living? What parent doesn't want their child to have the best opportunities and life they can provide, especially when they are giving it to their other kids?
    Last edited by delirium; 01-02-2012 at 12:39. Reason: typo as usual...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

faroutbrusselsprout  (01-02-2012),trishalishous  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsyK View Post
    No.. it should be about supporting the child not the mother.
    It is. It's about creating a decent quality of life for the child/ren. You can't have one without the other. The mother often supports the bio father by doing the majority of child care, creating time and resources for him to be ABLE to work.

I'm all for the govt to support single mothers and give them better payments above the poverty lines. But it's not happening, we can't have children living in poverty simply because their dad is a deadbeat.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012),DaughteroftheForest  (01-02-2012),MissMuppet  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd hate to break it to people, but the children of working mothers cost a LOT more than the children of SAHMs (unless that child has special needs).

If we're talking "it's not faaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrr, he should only have to pay half, she should work, it's her choice" well, going halves in the expenses of a child of a working mother is considerably higher than the expenses of the child of a SAHM

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

DaughteroftheForest  (01-02-2012),delirium  (01-02-2012),singlemumma82  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsyK View Post
    That's not the fathers problem if she doesn't want to work. That is HER choice. It shouldn't be b ased on what the father is earnign that is the whole point!!. You can't tell me it costs $2000 a month to raise one child... Because that's what it should cost if he has to pay that much because the mother has the child as well.
    Yes it is her choice to stay at home with her child if she so desires.
    And she should be supported in that decision for the best interest of their child..
    Imagine what an awesome 3-4 years at home with mum a child could have when she was able to provide great food, experiences, holidays, all bills are paid etc etc etc.
    Any man that cant see the benefit of what that extra money can actually provide and is happy to pay some "set" amount while he swans around on $150,000 is a selfish deadbeat. Simple.
    And we both pay and receive child support so I see it from all sides.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (01-02-2012),delirium  (01-02-2012),HELPihavea2yrold!  (01-02-2012),MissMuppet  (01-02-2012),trishalishous  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people really advocate that people on hundred thousand dollar incomes pay $30 odd per week toward the upbringing of their child? (I got $30 as being half of the piddly amount CSA state my DS costs).

fobs, you have a good man there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do understand in a way what people are saying that the father shouldn't have to pay $2,000 a month when it probably doesn't cost that much to raise the child, sometimes I think it's almost an instinctive reaction when dad is paying all this money in cs each month and his ex is working and therefore chances are the child from that relationship has a lot more money available to be spent on them. I do get that.
    BUT the way I try and look at it is, DP works and his Ex works and there combined incomes are roughly $170k a year, which is what child support for their child is based off. Now DP earns $x amount and because we have chosen for me to stay home while we finish our family and for me to finish studying what DP earns is what we have to support the children we have together. Now it will be a couple of years before I finish uni and we would like to have one more child after this bubba, however when all that is over with, my entry level earning potential is the same has his ex's whose income probably won't get much higher. Then we will have quite a larger amount to support the children we have together off. So whilst it might not look the greatest now it will be a different story in a few years. Just like if his ex has another child - her income drops and therefore it's really only DP's income of $x amount to support DSS which in terms of cs means that support from DSS is based off a smaller amount than say mine and DP's combined income to support the children we have together. Make sense?