+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you think this is an OK baby shower gift??

So I'm going to a friend's shower on the weekend and I wanted to get her something I know will be really useful. I was thinking of making up a little hamper with some baby panadol, fess, baby vicks, thermometer etc, all the things you need if bubs gets sick, so she doesn't have to do the midnight dash to the chemist. I have a toddler and know I would have appreciated it.

But then I started thinking that maybe this is a bit pessimistic?? Like I'm saying her baby is going to be sick?? What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hvnt had my baby shower yet but I would appreciate it. I need all the advice I can get from other mums and wouldb happy to know eat I would need and wat would b useful if my new baby got sick.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPuMp For This Useful Post:

Savingfishfromdrowning  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is something I would appreciate. All those things are things u dont think of buying til bubs is sick and you need it.

Do u think she might be offended by it? Like in a "she thinks im gonna have a sick baby" kind of way? Haha, sounds crazy, but us pregnant women are like that!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's a great idea. Maybe add some teething gel and infacol as well. Amber teething necklace?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Awesome For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (31-01-2012),mummaof4  (31-01-2012),Savingfishfromdrowning  (31-01-2012)

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead View Post
    This is something I would appreciate. All those things are things u dont think of buying til bubs is sick and you need it.

Do u think she might be offended by it? Like in a "she thinks im gonna have a sick baby" kind of way? Haha, sounds crazy, but us pregnant women are like that!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    That's what I was worried about... maybe I will write something in the card to explain??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My g/f did something similar, I didn't have a baby shower but she bought me a box of goodies - moisturiser for bubs, baby cotton buds, sudocrem, stuff I hadn't thought about but when I needed it, it was great that they were there and I didn't have to figure it all out LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I think it's a good idea what about some breast pads, dummies, and maybe a block of 'emergency chocolate'

I think mix it up with some products, baby wash, shampoo, face washers, nappy rash cream... It won't be so 'sick baby emergency kit'
    Last edited by Boobycino; 31-01-2012 at 13:56.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this for SIL.

I made a "baby medicine cabinet" and put baby panadol, teething gel, sudocrem, thermometer, nail clippers, talc, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now, along with a bottle of champers and some ear plugs for Mum to lighten the mood*

She loved it!

*note: I understand that not everyone would find this amusing, but knowing SIL and her jokey personality it was a pretty safe bet

Thanks
    Reviews
    The chocolate is a good idea - cute way to make it a little more fun

You could also do a 'booboo pack' - they are little ice packs in fun shapes can get them from baby stores.

Maybe a Sophie the giraffe toy? They're great for teething.

I think it's a great idea though

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this for my cousin when she had her first baby and she loved it. You always seem to need things like panadol etc. in the middle of the night when no chemists are open!