+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie1990 View Post
    Yeah I dont drink anything for 4 hour and then poas. I usually test around 3-4pm and I have deff seen the surge on them last month and then this month. Just checking to see if I was right. Cos it usually starts with a faint line and works up to what I have seen. According to the opks my LH is between 6 to 7 days long. Dunno if thats good or bad.
    You sound like you are better at it than I am! I hate OPKs lol...

I'm not really sure, but from what I've read around here that's pretty short and probably not ideal. Maybe it's worth chatting to someone about it?

Mine is always 14 days, even though my cycles are sometimes as long as 60 days. I only figured this out by temping.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just checked I didnt know luteal phase was after the egg was released so. My lh is 12-14 days long and thats considered normal. Because its 2 weeks on the dot after I get a positive opk that af arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie1990 View Post
    I just checked I didnt know luteal phase was after the egg was released so. My lh is 12-14 days long and thats considered normal. Because its 2 weeks on the dot after I get a positive opk that af arrives.
    Hi Lollie When you mentioned your lh was 6-7 days long I assumed you were referring to the lh surge detected by the opk's? Does that mean that you get lines on your opk for about 6-7 days before one is as dark as the control line?

I was just wondering if you are using any other methods to track as well, like temping or cm? I used opk's for the first time last cycle and this cycle I got my BFP. I used them together with cm, and what I was able to establish is that my ewcm occurred for two days only, and on the day the ewcm started to dry up I got my +OPK.

This is now baby #3 and for all of them we dtd on the last day of ewcm (in my case 2nd day) and it has worked every time (and the only time we have done it this way, not just a fluke, it's 3 for 3). I was also taking EPO from AF to O and it helped a lot in regard to the cm.

I found this a much easier way to track my cycles. Especially in the beginning with DS as I would go 3+ months without AF, so it would have cost me a fortune in OPK's back then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyLove View Post
    Hi Lollie When you mentioned your lh was 6-7 days long I assumed you were referring to the lh surge detected by the opk's? Does that mean that you get lines on your opk for about 6-7 days before one is as dark as the control line?:
    Yes thats what I meant and 24 hours after getting a strong positive cm clears up. So as soon as I get a strong positive we dtd for two days to make sure. Plus I track cm as well as opks. I dont trust temping as I sleep with a fan on and the fan is on 24/7. So I wouldnt get a correct reading. Plus ask my gp about temping and she said unless you are in an close room with no ventilation you wouldnt be able to tell much from it because it only spikes a minuscule amount. (not trying to pick a fight with those who do).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never been good with temping either, I'm always moving before I'm really awake. That and I'd forget half the time anyway It's so hard to know for sure, but so long as you BD at least every few days during your fertile window you should be okay. Sending you lots of I hope you get your beautiful sticky bubba soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally recommend giving temping a go!

Yes, it only spikes .2-.4 of a degree! But when all of your temps have been similar for the last two weeks, it stands out. The thermometer is a lot more sensitive than a normal one as well.

Lollie I sleep with the fan on some nights, some off. Sometimes quilt on, sometimes off. Sometimes I get up for toilet only an hour or so before alarm, sometimes not! I just leave my thermometer by my bed and take temp when I remember, then pop temp into FF app in my phone.

It's definitely not for everyone, and I didn't think it would suit me (useless at remembering stuff like that) but I stuck it out for a cycle and once I saw those beautiful crosshairs, I was hooked!

I definitely recommend giving it a go. It's not as hard as it sounds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OH. MY. GOD. I think I just got my first BFP. Ohmygod. Ohmygod.
    Please tell me this isn't an evap line!! I've never had one in this whole batch of ICs. Also it is darker IRL than on this stick. Ohmygod =O This is the first month I haven't symptom spotted, I was sure it wasnt my month!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg omg omg Hopefully!! That's a BFP!!!!! How many dpo??? You might be right near me

AFM I got my blood result- HCG at 138 which is low but I'm only 15dpo. Back for more bloods on Monday to confirm its rising nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Omg omg omg Hopefully!! That's a BFP!!!!! How many dpo??? You might be right near me

AFM I got my blood result- HCG at 138 which is low but I'm only 15dpo. Back for more bloods on Monday to confirm its rising nicely.
    Oooooh! I'm 13DPO...we might be pregnancy buddies! Id say dont worry about the lower hCGs you might have O'd later this month so it is still early IYKWIM. I'm sitting in the doctors surgery to get a blood test RIGHTNOW. No delays for this little camper! I must know! I told DH (don't know how he understood through my borderline hysterical crying!). Now I'm
    Caught between being excited and terrified that the bloods won't show anything! Gulp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the hell is going on??? Why am I getting so many positives? I am back to being a dessert down there.
    Attached Images