+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Info on YOUR suburb! =)

Hi Mummies

I currently live in Capel, a little place with a few thousand people nestled between bunbury and busselton. I am unashamedly wholeheartedly in love with this little town for so many reasons, but my partner is from rockingham, and would like to move back to the city.

There are many other very good reasons we should move, so im opening my mind to the idea, but i have no idea of where we'd like to live. I have a little boy who is 6 (turning 7) and a little girl who is 3 (turning 4).

He really doesnt want to go back to rockingham (or port kennedy/singleton/golden bay - all the areas i said were OK lol), so its either mandurah or somewhere in perth. As far as cost goes, we're not loaded, but we're not struggling so i guess somewhere in the middle haha. The main thing i love about where we live is that we're 5 minutes from a beautiful beach, (although 20 minutes to the closest shopping centre) its very very safe here, the kids play on the streets and build cubby houses and ride bikes and pretty much just be kids, its really quiet (no traffic lights, one roundabout!), i can walk the kids to and from school (theres only one school, and one daycare centre) and i generally just love the community feel.

So my question is, what is it you love about where you live? and if you had to move with your kids, where would you go? the only place ive ever been to that i really loved was brighton beach in butler, but apparently thats way north?

i would appreciate any info or help, so i can narrow it down and then go for a look around those suburbs. in all honesty mandurah or south of the river would probably be more suited because my kids dad lives in rockingham, and all my family is in bunbury and busselton, but im not closed to north, i love scarborough, just not totally sure how it would be for kids living there?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Fremantle or there sounds like the place for you. It still has the small town feel (without the small town narrow-mindedness). Close to beautiful family beaches & the river, loads of parks and culture. It is a GREAT place to live with Kids.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AnnLaetitia For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I live in Rockingham so I am not much help. But I do love living here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greenwood is a fab suburb...close to beach (well about 15 minutes away from hillarys) close to everything basically. Is very quiet and about middle of the range price wise for houseing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second greenwood - grew up there. Great schools, good transport, close to a heap of beaches and hillarys boat harbour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    naw thanks girls, ive never been to greenwood, will definitely go for a drive through next time we're in perth. i gave the kids some chalk on saturday night and all the kids in the whole street came out and spent hours drawing on the road. im so scared my kids wont have that where ever we go, and sadly i dont think they will. but yes you do have narrow minded small town syndrome here, they still call us "blow - ins" lol i guess we'll be blowing out now! i love rockingham too, but the man has surprisingly put his foot down about it. Weve been looking in mandurah, some of the older places are on HUGE blocks down there. i think im only so nervous because we're buying straight up, and im not totally sure what to expect. i know we should rent first to make sure, but my poor baby has moved 15 times in his 6 little years of life, and i just cant do it to him again parental guilt!!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was lucky - I grew up in the hills with bush surrounds where we did play on the street, but my parents had a holiday house near the beach.

We currently live in the hills - where the kids build cubby houses in our back yard, but I do love the beach.

I'm thinking Mandurah is a good compromise for you, from what you've said - Capel is a lovely area, so I see your dilemma.

Thanks
    Reviews
    weve settled on north yunderup big bush block, but only 10kms from mandurah, so i can keep pretending im in the bush, and he can still do his thing lol
    thanks heaps for all of your help xx

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in Padbury, so only a few minutes drive to Hilarys Boat Harbour. It's not tooooo bad here I guess, but we have only lived in Perth for 10 months and we aren't fans
    We are FNQ'ers and would LOVE to go back one day, but the work is just too good here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in Willetton, love it!

It's fairly close to freeway and Roe Hwy, so lots of places are easy to get to, scoot down Leach hwy to Freo.

The public schools here are amazing, consistently within the top 5 public schools in the state (Willetton SHS and Rossmoyne SHS). So you'll save your money not having to send kids to a private school because the local may be full of feral kids where the teachers spend all their time keeping kids in line and not teaching!

Great shopping centre in the suburb (complete with a Hoyts).

Lots of nice parks, we have two dogs and take them walking and know a lot of people (and their dogs!) in the area because of it.

Couldn't ask for a better suburb, am in love with it.