+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night time settling advice

Hi ladies,

Just after some advice in regards to my 11 month old daughter.

Until recently she settled beautifully for all her sleeps, day and night. She has been sleeping through the night since a few weeks old, bar the occasional night. I've never felt tired during the day so thats an indication.

She recently started getting very worked up when I put her to sleep at night, and very quickly. Within 30 seconds of leaving her in her cot she vomits everywhere, so it requires a full cot change and bath for DD. This has been going on for a few weeks now and has completely altered her night time routine. I know if i put her to bed and she cries she will vomit, so I'm doing the only thing I can do and pick her up straight away and keep her up until she is so tired she sleeps... its getting closer to 10pm now, when she use to be in bed by 7pm.

I don't know what to do! I can either leave her in her cot to cry (and thats the other thing, its not a distraught cry, just a normal night time cry and she still vomits) and know she will vomit everywhere, so all that drama. Or I can get her up, which isn't helping in the long term!! I'm completely stuck.

Any ideas/tips??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sounds a bit unusual. It could be separation anxiety. Could you try just staying with her until she falls off to sleep. That way she sees that you're there and doesn't worry. Then you can gradually reduce the time you spend in her room until she starts feeling more secure that you'll still be there in the morning.

Good luck. I hate when they play up at bedtime and all you want to do is put your feet up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with Lock and Lu.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think staying with her is a good idea-recently DS2 went through a really difficult phase (just after we thought we had his sleep dramas sorted). He is so stubborn and just wouldn't go to sleep. I found that if I sat in the doorway (got comfy with my iPhone) and sat with my back to him (otherwise he'd sing and dance in his cot) and stay there he'd fall asleep really quickly and much faster than either keeping him up or alternatively, battling him. It would take about half and hour or so. Good luck xo