+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tammy. Congratulations!
    I do have some questions.

1) Did you use an agent, or just work straight with the clinic? If you worked with a clinic, which one and how did you find your surrogate?

2) Whose name is/was on your birth certificate? How long did it take to get the certificate, and did you need to petition the courts in Thailand to get the yours/the father's name on the document. (I've been told the genetic father's name is put on automatically, no court appearances or anything?)

3) Did you have any concerns the surrogate would change her mind and sue for custody of the child?

Thanks for any information you can provide?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi What a great news !!! ,Congratulation
    Yes please I have the same question that have been asked I hope to see the answer ,on top of that could you tel us how much the wholl journey cost?
    Thank you for any information..
    Crecent .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thank you so much for sharing our thoughts. We are in the same position, now 42 and have been through Monash IVF and Melb IVF. We considered going through the donor egg process in Australia, but as you said, we have found it will not work for us, as it is such a process and after years of IVF, I don't think we have the energy or time to go down this route. I have fortunately been in touch with a couple of ladies that have been to Thailand (as we cant afford to spend more to go to the other countries) and will be using a Thai donor too. Pinky from Marvel IVF has been amazing in getting back to us quickly and we are also considering Safe Fertility as I met a lady via blog that has been there. Though I was interested to hear your story - but couldn't find Thailand Fertility? on the website, I wasn't sure which one it was. I would PM you, but have only just joined and I have to post 5 times to be able to PM, this is all new to me. Thanking you again for sharing your story. It is very reassuring - and congratulations on such success after such a long struggle, and with 3 - OMG... they must be toddlers now?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so pleased to hear you are going to Thailand, it is a fantastic choice. The web site is:
    http://www.thailandfertility.com/
    i highly recommend them.
    just an update, unfortunately I never updated this post, but my two identicle boys had TTTS (Twin to Twin Transfusion), I had to undergo fetal laser surgery to try slow down the blood flow from the donor to the recipient, sadly, both our boys didn't make it. I was later admitted into hospital with waters broken and was put on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy in the aim of saving our surviving triplet. I carried our boys for 8 weeks, delivering them at 27 weeks with their surviving brother. He was born 13 weeks prem, weighing only 895g. Thankfully he was born and breathing on his own, but had to fight meningitis, and bleeds to the brain. All of which he successfully overcome. He really is a miracle and we are so thankful for his little tiny life. He is now 6 months old, gaining weight rapidly and thriving 6kg bundle of joy. It was absolutely devastating to try so hard to to successfully fall pregnant after so many difficulties and to have it taken away from you. But we are so blessed to have our little boy. Every day I look at him and I am so thankful that I never have up on my dream to be come a mother the amount of obstacles that were put in front of me were endless, but I am so glad for my inner strength and will power to keep going, cause right now, I couldn't image my life without him. He is the best thing to ever happen to us! He looks eexactly like my husband, it's so cute. Sometimes you can really see the Thai in him and other times you can't. We love seeing the Thai in him, he is just so adorable and CUTE! I really just want to encourage you all to never give up! Even when we brought him home, he was back in hospital to have a double hernia operation, he also has silent reflux, so there was a period for a good 10 weeks till we stabilized his medication where the poor thing cried constantly, he was in so much pain, (but still managed to smile fr me), and it broke my heart to see him suffer, but not once did I ever cry or feel resentment or depression for the loss of his two brothers. Every day I was so thankful to hear his cries, to have a reason to wake up and care for him, he is everything we desired and worked hard to achieve. He is the greatest gift I have ever received. Good luck ladies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 77777 For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear all that, I was speechless when I read your update, you are obviously an amazing, strong, person and your wee boy is lucky to have a wonderful, positive minded Mum to love and raise him to be a fine young man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    777777 so glad to hear your update and congrats on your son catching up and reaching milestones

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am bumping this post up.
    First of all I am French ( Cambodian originally). English being not my mothertongue I am sorry for the mistakes.

I am looking for how to start the Egg Donation process with Thailand. I emailed agencies to get quotes for ED IVF and got replies. But I do not know what to do with them. I have so many questions and do not know how to start because the process differs from the European system.

In Europe the clinic takes charge of the donor search. Once I choose the clinic, if they have a donor for me I can start the ED-IVF.For example, I have already met the Spanish doctor who will make the transfer and had a mock transfer. They just have to find a Asian donor or with Asian ancestors. But I am beginning to fear that they can't find any.

It is the reason I am looking at Thailand. But I am confused because things work differently there. I would be very thankful to anyone if they could explain what happens once the ED Agency is chosen.

Do I need to choose the agency in regards to the clinic I want to go? How do I chose the medical team?
    Last edited by Floppysnail; 11-09-2013 at 00:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Floppysnail

In Thailand I believe you have to choose a Egg Donor agency (I looked into it a few months ago), and then once you select a donor you will pay them a fee. Then they co-ordinate with the clinic (usually of your choice) and the clinic looks after you and the donor (you pay the clinic separately for their treatment as well).

Hope that helps. I had a lot of dealings with "Pinky" from Marvel IVF solutions - she was very helpful and couldn't do enough to answer all my questions. I know 2 ladies that used her for their donor agency and they said she was wonderful. Here is her website address: http://www.marvelivfsolutions.com/whythailand.html

I understand the local donor agencies have Thai donors and if you wanted a different donor you would have to try somewhere like Global egg donors, where they have all different races, they deal with the Thailand IVF clinics. It does cost a lot more to use a "travelling donor"

I hope that helps you a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Floppysnail - PS I forgot to add... have you looked at South Africa? There is another thread on Bubhub - 3 different ones in fact - it will take you a few hours to read but well worth it. That is where I am going. And soon as I finished replying to you I thought... from memory I think some of the donor agencies did have mixed race, and possibly may even have Asian descent donors if you look at a few of them. We were originally going to go to Thailand, but then found out about South Africa and it is about the same price (except PGD isn't so common and if you use it a lot more expensive - but with donor eggs they say you don't need to use it, as the donors are young).

Have a look at the threads you will see everything you need to know about South Africa on there, many of us have been or are going. A couple of agencies I found really helpful and genuine (they went over and beyond with helping me) are www.giftovlife.co.za and www.ababysa.co.nz - then there are lots of others I dealt with too. Sunshineeggdonors, EDSA, Nuture (very helpful, but a lot more expensive) - and so on. You just need to contact them via their websites and they will give you a password to sign up to view their donors.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SootyMay >> Thank you very much for your input.

I have not looked at South Africa. I was born in Phnom-Penh and I have a very dark skin with slenty eyes. It is the reason I looked at Thailand because I can relate to this country which has a common border with my native country.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Floppysnail For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (12-09-2013)