+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't believe the draft Thai law talks at all about extraterritorial offences, only about ones that take place on Thai soil. So if a Thai citizen leaves and goes elsewhere for treatment (ie: doesn't do any of their cycle in Thailand) then that would not be covered. I'll have to ask DH to have a look on the Thai-language forums once he's back (he's in Thailand at the moment).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

sophie11  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the good info, Petals and TwoCam! I'll be gobbling up that new forum right after this, as well as contacting Megan for any leads on Asian donors. Thank you for in advance for asking your DH to review the Thai law, TwoCam; that's kind of you!

As for Taiwan, I've found out so far that most of the big hospitals don't have an egg donor program and the one or two hospitals who do have a long waiting list for my blood O donors - "6 months to several years", they estimated. They don't mix blood type with recipient & donor. I haven't been able to find a private practice or agency with a shorter waiting list yet, either.

Cathie hasn't replied to my request about my former selected Thai donor to travel to another country at our expense. If Megan's magic wand can't cover my needs, my DH and I may travel to the USA for a frozen cycle instead of fresh. Frozen is about half the cost as fresh there, but we'd only get 6-10 eggs. That number sounds solid until my paranoia kicks in about how many would then be leftover after maturity, blastocyst, etc. You ladies know the drill about the math. But if none end up maturing, the clinics do promise to provide 2 free mature eggs - just no promise on the grade/quality of those eggs. As I type all that out, I'm back to being torn about possibly doing a frozen or bankrupt ourselves for a fresh cycle in the USA if we can't find other alternatives. Anyways, thank you for all the good info and for listening to my gripe, ladies!

Best of luck to everyone's journey indeed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget there are a handful of Altruistic donors that are happy to travel for egg donation from Australia! I am one of them, but only until feb. next year when my second surrogacy journey will begin
    Last edited by sophie11; 15-10-2014 at 23:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm grateful for the donors. Thank you, Sophie!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Project Stork For This Useful Post:

sophie11  (15-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Petals
    I myself am looking for a known egg donor, would you please be able to tell me which clinic you went to direct? I have so far contacted a few but they are anonymous and i am currently emailing travellingdonor. You can email me privately if you like. Also having read a few of your posts you are very helpful and congrats on get pregnant. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Project Stork and Shesue!,

I do pop in if I see the threads been active. Sort of gone quiet since Thailand has ceased in egg donation and surrogacy
    Hope all your ladies are well and so wishing a short journey for your all.

We were with All IVF in Thailand but as mentioned above it has all ceased now. There will be so many egg donors wishing it hadn't. Having a known donor was as easy as asking them through the clinic or your agent. We asked through the clinic co-ordinator.
    When we were going to use Cathy Sanchez (whom has her own child through ED) she said it is impossible for them to be in touch in 18 years. That maybe the case for her situation but it should not let anyone else have the opportunity to simply ask the girl direct.
    Think carefully as I feel it is in the child's best interest to have a known donor. Push for it if you can. However saying that Thailand was flexible, I know other countries are not and its' strictly anonymous. For some people that is ok, it just wasn't for us.

As its more in the media now with egg donation maybe advertising for an egg donor may get some results?
    Thanks for your well wishes and praying you find one soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks Petalsgalore. I have been in contact with travelling parents and they say they are still doing ED in Thailand, i will have to get in contact with them to make sure. As with known donors im all for it, i think it can benefit the child in their future. Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shesue View Post
    Hi thanks Petalsgalore. I have been in contact with travelling parents and they say they are still doing ED in Thailand, i will have to get in contact with them to make sure. As with known donors im all for it, i think it can benefit the child in their future. Thanks again

Hi Shesue,
    Be very careful for anyone saying egg donation is still going in Thailand.
    Don't part with your hard earned money unless you have checked up on the countries changed laws.
    Egg donation in Thailand is now illegal if using a Thai egg donor, other than being a relative of the donor. I have heard rumours that they are flying out Thai egg donors to Mexico (currently surrogacy & egg donation is happening here and many couples have exported their existing frozen embryos out to Mexico). See surrogacyconceptions.com.au - Megan. However Mexico is in the midst of drafting a law to make it illegal for surrogacy & egg donation exactly like Thailand.

Maybe Travelling parents are flying out Thai egg donors to another country to do the ivf?? OR Travelling Parents mean they are still using egg donor in Thailand but CAUCASIAN egg donors. Flying in European ladies to Thailand for egg donation. That' s the only way I could think they mean.

I mean if egg donation in Thailand was still legal why hadn't many agents who were doing this service, continue to do this service?.. they haven't. They have ceased and taken their services elsewhere, Mexico etc.
    The above agent I mention has a facebook page on mexico surrogacy/egg donation and is so great at providing up to date information all for free to parents. Do have a look and ask away, she is more than helpful to help free!
    Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks. From what im aware they are flying the donors to Thailand from other countries such as South Africa as we are wanting a know donor. I will do my research on all companies before parting with my money, thanks again for the info

Thanks
    Reviews
    [ :noGood luck to anyone considering.[/QUOTE]