+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The best of luck for tomorrow. Keep us updated on how it goes. Fingers crossed for a great result.

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope egg pick up went well today Giohara and you're not too sore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kyllara,

I was just thinking of you and your transfer and hoping it went well. I logged on to see if you'd posted anything. It definitely has helped me finding this forum and having people to "chat" to even if it is in cyberspace.

I have been home a few hours from my EPU and feeling a little despondent As my FS (who was on for egg pick ups today) only managed to get one egg despite the two follicles. I am trying to remind myself that it only takes one but we won't know for a couple of days (Monday) if they could inject it and if we are lucky enough to get an embryo so that's probably making me more anxious. That and waking up next to two women who got 34 and 18 eggs each and they aalready have kids. mind you, I really only ever get a couple anyway but usually I feel more hopeful leaving the hospital.

I desperately do not want to be one of those women who can only think "why not me" as I don't think it helps although it's a totally understandable reaction. This is not meant at all to be a judgement on anyone out there who has had those thoughts girls....I'm just talking about becoming fixated on such negativity.

I am pretty sore actually considering there wasn't many to pick up...but it's all minor in the scheme of my endo as you may know.

I do hope your transfer wasn't too painful and that you find peace now in the TWW.

Thanks so much for enquiring about us. Very much appreciated.

X giohara

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that you didn't get the 2 eggs. You're right though - it only takes 1 and this could be your magic egg . I know what you mean about waking up next to someone who got lots of eggs - I had that last time and found it very upsetting. It's awful that they can't tell you until Monday about fertilization - waiting is horrible!
    I hope the soreness goes away soon -does a heat pack help at all?
    transfer went well for me today. It was very painful but was over quickly which was good. we had a lovely 10 cell embryo which is apparently really good for day 3 so i'm trying to be positive and hope for the best. I had acupuncture yesterday and after transfer and am eating lots of kiwi fruit so trying everything I can to help it stick.
    The other night when I was still trying to decide if I should go ahead with this cycle or not I couldn't get my mind to stop worrying about all the potential possibilites, worrying that they wouldn't get an egg, worrying that I had run out of eggs and would have to start thinking about egg donor and then I managed to switch off that worrying side of my brain. I decided to try and just worry about 1 day at a time and not worry too far in the future because I was driving myself crazy. So far it's working. I wake up and the morning and tell myself what i have to do today and only worry/think about that - so today I had to have transfer and then eat healthy and that's all I'm worrying about today. It's made this cycle a lot less stressful than the last so I'm going to try to keep it up. Not sure how long it will last though!
    Hope you have a relaxing weekend and manage to make it through to Monday without going to crazy with waiting. xxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kyllara For This Useful Post:

Zakmick  (23-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Just wanted to update that after a very long weekend, a miracle happened and the one egg fertilized!

Its going back in tomorrow all going ok overnight naturally.

Here's hoping its a good looking and obliging implanting embryo.

I had my acupuncture today and more after transfer tomorrow.

Thanks again to all who posted well wishes.

May I ask what's with the kiwi fruit? Should I be eating them too?

X giohara

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news!! I was wondering how you were going. Lets hope both of our single little embryos stick! When is your blood test? Mine is 17 Feb.
    I read somewhere on the net that kiwifruit help implantation so thought i'd try it - it can't hurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giohara I've just come across this thread and wanted to wish you the best of luck for your transfer, sounds like lucky 13 may have worked. Please let us know how you get on.

Billiesmum your post also saddened me. I hope you are able to someday experience motherhood again. You make my issues sound rather insignificant. I hope I'm brave enough as you and giohara in the event that our current 4th attempt doesn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Giohara---Goodluck for tomorrow. There're a few success stories on BH with single embryo, lilypilly and Drmummy came to mind. You only need one. I have some scientific papers on DHEA, LH addback/Luveris, NK cells and corticosteroids, and a couple of papers on protocols for older IVFers. If you would like to read them, I can email them as pdf attachments to you. My FS used to call me the EBM girl as I was quite reluctant to try his wizardry mix of drugs, so he usually supplied me with papers to read. I was not going to do my AMH, but I did it after I did my 6th ICSI, just to check if I were flogging a dead horse, if it was low it would have pushed me to ED earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your transfer. Sending you lots of

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent! Lots of it only takes the right one!!!