+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Giohara

To post to an individual you can PM them. I'm on the iPad application and it's done on that by clicking on their profile and clicking on send message (quick reply is a quick way to reply to the thread you are on).

Good luck with your appt today. I hope it goes well. If you need to chat let me know I'm just about to sign up for cycle 11 and I'm also struggling with knowing when enough is enough or when to look at other options. I'm just holding out for our miracle!

Sent from my iPad so pardon the errors!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rae81 For This Useful Post:

Giohara  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Giohara---As others have said, you only need one good egg. I've done 11 ET's myself, all together 9 fresh stim ICSI, 2 FET, and 4 cancelled cycles, I was lucky enough to get 5 BFP's out of these, but miscarried 4 times, I'm now riding my 5th BFP and now 25 weeks pregnant. I remember asking my FS once if he thought I was foolish to keep on trying. His answer was no, because who's to say the golden egg is not just around the corner, he said the reason to stop is when you run out of money or mental/emotional strength to keep going. As Billie said, considering donor egg is not an overnight decision. I think people grow into it. I cried for days when FS first mentioned it 2 years ago. And I fought with myself for months over that mental hurdle. This last cycle was to be the last I try with my own eggs as I was running out of steam to keep going attempts after attempts when I know the clock is ticking madly away, and I know for a fact that if we use a egg donor with better and younger eggs than myself, my chances of success would be much higher. At the end of the day I have to ask myself the question, do I want a child to have a relationship with or do I want a genetic offspring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    to you Giohara and to all the brave ladies who have popped in here! Giohara, you will find so much support and wisdom in Bubhub and plenty of wonderful women to hold your hand! for a lucky 13!

Billiesmums - my heart broke for you when I read your post....but I am also so inspired by your amazing bravery and strength. The world needs mums like you!!! I wish you a million good lucks and hope that your next transfer works beautifully!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wewannabub For This Useful Post:

Billiesmum  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giohara - I hope today brought you good news. Frostysmum said it all. I have been off and on this forum for over a year and Frostysmum has been a true inspiration to many other ladies, young, older it didn't matter. You will, as others have said gain so much support on the various threads. Everybody wants us to succeed. There is no competitiveness or jealousy. These ladies understand more than those in real life.

Wewannabub - thank you for your kind words. I did not mean to upset others with my story but rather, explain why I went from my eggs to donor eggs, how I felt and to try to give hope that miracles do happen. I have experienced motherhood and I regret not one second.

Meshell23 - I hope your journey is a short one and you are blessed with your little one soon. It only takes one good embryo.

Hello to the other ladies .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear ladies,

Once again....so many thanks for your support.

Im happy to post that after a day and a bit of much anxiety over losing my eggs again, today's scan and bloods were ok. 2 follicles, and enough estrogen to suggest they may have something in them....let's hope.

My EPU is for Saturday.

I will keep in touch.

I am so happy that there is a forum on which I can post how I feel and know it to be immediately understood in a way in which I think it is just too hard for others.

I don't know if this cycle will work either but I can only hope one step at a time!

Good luck to everyone else in meantime.

X giohara

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Giohara
    Good luck for EPU on Saturday. I really hope you get 2 beautiful egss.

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Giohara,

It's always worth thinking about donor eggs but ask your FS for advice, if he is willing to keep going without a fight then you know you are in with a chance.

I was told that it wasn't worth continuing with my eggs by our FS. I had 10 eggs retrieved and none of them fertilised, the definition of bad egg quality.

Saying that, after grieving the biological connection, having a family and a baby isn't just about seeing the similarities between you and them in fact it is so small that I am happy to go with donor eggs and so are plenty of other women.

Follow your heart

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giohara - firstly good luck for Saturday - I truly hope that you two eggs a fantastic quality and result on a wonderful bfp for you in a couple of weeks time.

As many others have said, Bubhub is ana amzing place and is such a wonderful support throughout what is a harrowing experience for many, sadly.

We have been told to look at donor eggs as out quality is crap (technical term ), I was gutted when the FS said this, but I had been expecting it for many months so was not surprised. We plan to do one more cycle with my eggs and if that does not work then we are heading down the donor track. For me it wasn't that difficult a decision - at the end of the day I want a baby - even though it may not be biologically mine I will be its mother and love enormously. I don't imagine that how much I love my future child is dependant on the biology, but that is me and I can also understand why some will not choose to follow that path. It is a hard decision, that only you and your DH can ultimately make and be happy with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BronwynCJ For This Useful Post:

Billiesmum  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giohara - I hope EPU goes well on Saturday and some strong embies are the result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls,

Thank you all for sharing your heartfelt thoughts.

To all the new gals who posted, a big welcome to my thread and thanks also for contributing. Believe me when I say, I totally get the whole "want a child" with or without my biology. Truthfully, although it will definitely sadden me, I don't think it will be that difficult for me to chose donor eggs if need be. I don't want to deny my husband the parent opportunity nor myself. I do believe that the point made about similarities not being the only thing in the parent/child relationship, is very pertinent (thank you green mum to be).

Additionally, I do actually believe that people are sent to help us at the times we need them most so just as I welcome you all now, I would heartily welcome into our lives anyone who is so altruistic as to give that parenthood opportunity to me.

Bless you all for your kindness,

May many well wishes return to you all also,

giohara