+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Health kick/checks for 2012

So its no so the start of the year but my mind was all about my wedding in January but now with that chrissy and new years out of the way plus the kids starting school i want to start a fresh year with checkups eating healthy ect ect.

So far im going to make a doctors app to get my moles checked out (and theres ALOT of em too)
    Id like to have some sort of blood test to see if im lacking in any area or have too much of something (today tonight freaked me out with high testosterone sp levels lol)
    and ive just come across some info about chai seeds (since i love chai lattes lol) and how good they are but looking for some other health foods/drinks i can add to my diet since thats a bit lacking atm

I already get a pap smear every 2 years and trying to drink more water. 3 active kids keep me on my feet but im not over weight or anything.

So can anyone suggest any healthy lifestyle choices or things i should ask the doctor??? Or anything that you currently do to better your health??? Any info responses is much appreciated. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its chia seeds and yes we put them in everything! Make sure you get a full blood count and check for every vitamin, especially d, and do a glucose test.
    My naturopath has all of us on pro biotics and cod liver oil daily and
    the best thing I am drinking at the moment is coconut water ( google it- so many health benefits) and great for kids too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooooo naturopath is now on the list too

abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I second seeing a naturopath too. You will pick up little hints and tips so you can better be in charge of your health.
    I would also get a copy of your blood results to take to the naturopath, doctors will often say all is fine even if you are nearing lower limits, whereas naturopath will help you address these areas that could potentially be problematic, if that makes sense
    Best of luck on your path to better health!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just a tip with blood tests:
    on the form/referral you take to them with the Drs name and address on it - write next to the address " copy to patient" and write your postal address - they send you a copy of the results at no charge ( always keep copies of your tests to check your progress etc and to give to your naturopath ) and so much less stress than always hounding your doctor to get a copy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the Naturopath. Where abouts are you located? I know a few that are fantastic.
    It's good to get your vit D levels checked. There aren't many foods that have Vit D and if your worried about sun exposure your probably low.
    Probiotics and a good fish oil/cod liver oil is always a great start. Go for the good brands though