+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Chances Im pregnant?

Hi ladies..I just wanted to get some perspective from those who have had positive pregnancy tests.

So my situation..My LMP started on the 15th December. I usually have 35 day cycles so I was expecting my period on the 19th of January. She didnt show..I did a HPT with an IC and a FRER and both came back negative. I am CD47 today and I did another IC this morning and it came back negative. The longest cycle Ive ever had was 42days so this is unusual for me.

So my question. Has anything like this happened to any of you ladies and you ended up being pregnant? I did some googling and some information I found stated that if you have a negative HPT a week after your missed period you have a 1% chance of being pregnant.

Am I clutching at straws hoping that I might be pregnant or is it more likely I didnt ovulate or something like that? Thanks for any advice Im just really confused.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well u usually ovulate 14 days before you period, are u sure u ovulated?

I have long cycles, usually 35 days but sometimes up to 45 *fx* something happens soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I have had no experience with this but I didn't want to read and not reply. I think the only thing you can do is retest in a couple of days if AF doesn't start, if you get another negative I would suggest making an appointment to see your doctor. Fingers crossed that you get your positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies. Im not sure if I ovulated or not. I thought I got a close to positive OPK on CD20 because the next day the line was not visable at all. I tested for the next 3 days after that and the line was the same colour as CD20 but it never got darker..just lighter and then no line at all. That was around CD25. So I thought that if Id ovulated later than I thought and I was UTD then it should be showing now anyway shouldnt it?

Its just so confusing. I truly thought I was UTD this cycle and now I just think that I didnt ovulate. If you dont ovulate do you end up getting a period?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    On a 35 day cycle u would of ovulated around the 5th or a 42 day cycle around the 12th either way u should have a +hpt by now??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You should do, maybe u need a blood test or something? I'm not sure sorry but if your finding your date calculations confusing I love babymed (I use the app but the website is good too).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

Like the others I would have expected a +ve hpt by now. Did you have any other O indicators like ewcm?

If you didn't ovulate you will still get AF (eventually).

Is it possible that o has been delayed through stress/illness? Have you just come off the pill? Are you breast feeding? These things can all mess with your cycle.

Good luck!!

AC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Thermolicious I think if AF doesnt arrive tomorrow Ill book a Drs appointment for Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would if I was ttc sending you loads of baby making vibes xo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

starflame  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this isn't positive thinking but several years ago I missed a period for no good reason. Def couldn't have been preg coz wasn't doing any BD at the time!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

starflame  (30-01-2012)