+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd just inform him of the RTA guidelines which it sounds like the tenant has stuck to, then I'd tell him to b*tch to someone else as you're tired of hearing about it *shrugs* .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

sunshinebub  (30-01-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a rent inspection next week too, lord knows they will find something to complain about despite the fact that the owner promised to do the gardens within 6 weeks of us moving in (over 6 months ago) she will nit pick if there is just one weed in the garden beds! They always find something to pick on and I feel like someone is checking my work and grading me! Well she is going to get a shock when she gets here and discovers all 5 of us home I hope she doesn't expect the sink to be empty! I'm sorry but we live here it's not a show home and I'm sure my boys will follow her everywhere asking her what she is doing she will be out of here faster than she can sing happy birthday

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

mamamel89  (18-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by jake's mum; 05-02-2012 at 08:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've always had fantastic experiences with landlords but only because when we rented it was done privately. We were longterm tenants at two places so we built great relationships with the owners. It's always nice when owners tell you whilst your handing the keys over that the house is cleaner than it was when we first moved in. Now that is why when I get an IP it will always be rented privately. Otherwise through an agent I could end up becoming one of those pedantic landlords myself lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by Californication; 17-02-2013 at 12:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, I just remembered, the 'senior' property manager at our RE office writes down things like '17 chips in front door near door knob' on the PCR. Very intimidating.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I currently own my own home (THANK GOODNESS) but have experience with two nartzi landlords.

Twice I have been to tribunal over 'wear and tear' complaints from the landlords.

The first house I lived in for 4 and a half years. The landlord wanted me to:
    • Paint (due to marks on the wall)
    • Replace the blinds (because the cheap tight a$$ venishans he brought, broke for being opened and closed on a daily basis -they had certinally never been 'rough houses' like he claimed)
    • he had heard reports for the neighbours that we had a cat and wanted the house pest sprayed.. WE NEVER OWNED A CAT.. the people behind us owned a cat and ONCE i 'cat-sat' my friends cat for 3 days.
    • He even wanted the woodchips in the garden replaced.
    basically the bill exceeded our bond and then some.
    Tribunal 'chucked it out' and didnt even hear the case.
    In other words they could see his claims were rediculous considering the photo evidence, then lenght of time we'd been in the house.

Then 2nd landlord wanted the floors replaced.. thats right.. the FLOORS.
    after 3 years of tenancy there were ovious furniture marks in the loungeroom lino.
    They had just put new lino in before we moved in and they wanted new lino back.
    It was only bad in one corner and because they were so nice about it we actually offered to replace that corner.
    But no, they were not happy with that square meter, they wanted the whole loungeroom & dining room replaced.
    Back to tribunal and again it was tossed out without being heard.
    They even took really good photos that they zoomed in and printed in black and white to exaggerate the shaddowing of the marks.

anyway.

Tribunal must get sick and tired of 'wear and tear' claims.

Now, as a home owner AND landlord myself, Im pretty happy as long as the property hasnt been damaged/negelected on purpose. and I think Im pretty reasonable too.

My DH does all the repairs (because he is a perfectionist and wouldnt dare let a trady near his houses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have rented at 6 properties over the past 7 years, and have had excellent property managers and owners in that time, right up until the last one.

The house interior walls were made of some ****ty plaster, that chipped if you just looked at them. It was ridiculous. And there were no skirting boards so there were chips everytime I swept or vacuumed. Anyway, we busted ourselves to repaint all of the chips and some we repainted entire walls. He took $320 out of the bond to get a painter to paint the inside of a wardrobe. What was worse is they just did it, didn't give us a chance to do it. And $100 for an oil stain on the garage floor. Oh no, not the GARAGE floor?! And we got their cleaner in, luckily cause they complained about dusty light fittings. I did comment though that when we moved in, the dishwasher was mouldy, the rangehood greasy, the windows streaky, and the yard and garden full of weeds. We leave all of that perfect, and then they have the nerve to complain about dusty light fittings?!

EVERY house we move in to (and I mean EVERY 6 of them) is not clean when we move in. We own 5 houses, and if one of them is vacant for more then 2 weeks we have cleaners go through so that there is no dust or cobwebs for the new tenants. Yet every house we move in to has an inch of dust on the floor. And ALWAYS with a greasy rangehood. What's that about?!

Anyway, vent over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have rented since i moved out of home 10 years ago....
    I have to say the this is the most strict landlord i have had...
    To be honest i dont blame these ones for being strict.. they like to come and look at the property every 12 months ( they live in sydney) and i will tell you why.
    the 2nd last lot of tennants in here decided it would be fun to rip the pelmets off the doors, trash the main bedroom and light a fire in the middle of the kitchen. So now i know why they are so strict..
    the last tennant ripped one of their 'dead'mothers plants out of the garden and she got evicted
    They have come to see the property since we have been here and are happy with us being here.. yes there are a few marks on the walls but nothing compared to one of the other tennants. I think they want it time capsuled to the same it was when their mother lived here... THe house is easy 40 yers old - 2 streets from the beach ( salt water affects everything) and way too small for us so we are looking for another house now...
    My RE has said unless the is major damage its all put down as wear and tear....

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm lucky, my LLs are my friend's parents and they're really attentive and have let us paint our own bedrooms etc. and treat the place like our own. In August, we're moving out, just DP and I, and I'm scared we're going to end up with unreasonable LLs! Or a sh!t PM like the current one. It doesn't matter because we just tell my friend's parents what needs doing, but won't have that luxury when we don't know our LLs!